Dr. Hoyt’s column describes the importance of professional operating room attire and summarizes key protocols, such as proper covering of the head during invasive procedures, supported by College leadership.
More in Columns
Young surgeons speak up: Stringent OR attire restrictions decrease morale without improving outcomes
The results of a study assessing surgeons’ reactions to operating room attire restrictions conducted by the YFA of the ACS are described in this article, as are the possible effects of these restrictions on patient safety.
More in Features
- The new Medicare physician reimbursement system: Building the Quality Payment Program
- ACS Committee on Trauma pledges to make zero preventable deaths a reality
- Get out the vote: Make a difference on issues of critical concern to surgery
- Two decades of humanitarian surgical outreach and capacity building in Kurdistan
Barrett George Haik, MD, FACS, director of the Hamilton Eye Institute, died unexpectedly July 22 at the age of 64.
More in News
- Mary H. McGrath, MD, MPH, FACS, to be honored with Distinguished Philanthropist Award
- ACS NSQIP National Conference inspires participants to innovate to make a difference
- Ethics Committee Town Hall on industry representatives in the OR highlights issues outlined in ACS statement
- Dr. Ajit Sachdeva takes helm of the Society for Academic Continuing Medical Education
As the 2016 ACS Traveling Fellow to Japan, Daniel A. Anaya, MD, FACS, describes his professional and persona; experiences at several medical centers in Japan.
More in Scholarships