In this month’s column, Dr. Hoyt provides a summary of ACS achievements in 2016.
More in Columns
Presidential Address: Do what’s right for the patient: Franklin H. Martin and the American College of Surgeons
Courtney M. Townsend, Jr., MD, FACS, described the history of the College and some of its key education and quality programs in his Presidential Address delivered during Clinical Congress 2016.
More in Features
- Improving quality in geriatric surgery: A blueprint from the American College of Surgeons
- Using the ACS NSQIP Surgical Risk Calculator for surgical education and quality improvement
- The 2017 Inpatient Prospective Payment System: What it means for surgery
- 2016 state legislative year in review and a look ahead
Barbara Lee Bass, MD, FACS, was elected President-Elect of the ACS during the Annual Business Meeting of Members; two Vice-Presidents-elect were also elected at the meeting.
More in News
- New Regents and Governors elected
- Nominations for 2017 volunteerism and humanitarian awards due February 28
- Call for nominations for the ACS Board of Regents and ACS Officers-Elect
- Coming in January in JACS, and online now: American College of Surgeons and Surgical Infection Society: Surgical Site Infection Guidelines, 2016 Update
The Dr. Pon Fund will allow international chapters to create a local educational course that includes faculty from the ACS.
More in Scholarships