The importance of a value-based system of care is the focus of this month’s column—not only reduce health care spending but to improve patient outcomes
More in Columns
- Dedicated pre- and postoperative unit leads to fasttrack pathway for noncomplicated pediatric appendicitis
- Atezolizumab in the adjuvant treatment of stage III colon cancer: Can PD-L1 inhibition improve survival?
- The book that established plastic surgery in the U.S.
- A look at The Joint Commission: Sentinel Event Alert focuses on developing a reporting culture by learning from close calls
This edited version of the Olga M. Jonasson Lecture, delivered by Joan Reede, MD, MS, MPH, MBA, at Clinical Congress 2018, underscores the importance of diversity and inclusion to develop sustainable change in health care.
More in Features
Provisions in the Affordable Care Act that safeguard access to surgical care—currently under review by key congressional committees—are described.
More in News
- Call for nominations for ACS Secretary and Treasurer positions
- Members in the news
- ACS and MacLean Center offer fellowships in surgical ethics
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Enhancing patient outcomes while containing costs after complex abdominal surgery: A randomized controlled trial of the Whipple accelerated recovery pathway
Applications are being accepted through May 15 for the inaugural Gerald B. Healy, MD, FACS, Traveling Mentorship Fellowship.
More in Scholarships