Dr. Seymour I. Schwartz, Past-President of the ACS and pioneering author and professor, died August 28, 2020, at his son’s home in St. Louis, MO, after a brief illness.
Howard M. Snyder III, MD, FACS, a pioneer in pediatric urology and a former ACS Regent and Governor, passed away June 4 at age 76 from complications of Parkinson’s disease and COVID-19.
Stanley J. Dudrick, MD, FACS, a pioneer in the area of parenteral nutrition, died January 18 at the age of 84.
LaSalle D. Leffall Jr., MD, FACS—the first African American to serve as President of the ACS—died May 25 of cancer.
More in this category
- In memoriam: Donald D. Trunkey, MD, FACS, a giant in trauma surgery
- Dr. Pruitt remembered as a leader in burns, trauma, critical care
- In memoriam: Frank C. Spencer, MD, FACS, pioneering cardiothoracic surgeon
- In memoriam: Jay L. Grosfeld, MD, FACS, champion for pediatric surgery patients
- In memoriam: Barrett G. Haik, MD, FACS
- In memoriam: Dr. John Connolly, pioneering cardiothoracic surgeon
- In memoriam: Dr. Isidore Cohn, Jr.: A life well-lived
- Dedication: This issue of the Bulletin is dedicated to Chuck Giorno
- In memoriam: Dr. Thomas Krizek, leader in plastic surgery
- In memoriam: Dr. Norman McSwain, a pioneer in comprehensive trauma care
- James Haug, Past-Director, ACS Socioeconomic Affairs Department, dies
- Dr. Judson Graves Randolph, pediatric surgeon, leaves lasting legacy
- In memoriam: Dr. Lloyd MacLean, ACS Past-President and “The Chief” at McGill
- In memoriam: Renowned trauma surgeon and former COT Chair, Erwin Thal, MD, FACS
- In memoriam: Thomas R. Russell, MD, FACS, remembered for his enduring contributions to the ACS