J. Wayne Meredith, MD, FACS, MCCM, will be installed as 2020–2021 ACS President, and H. Randolph Bailey, MD, FACS, FASCRS, Lisa A. Newman, MD, MPH, FACS, FASCO, will be installed as First and Second Vice-President, respectively, at Virtual Clinical Congress 2020.
The Board of Regents of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) will present its highest honor accorded annually—the Distinguished Service Award (DSA)—to Hilary A. Sanfey, MB BCh, MHPE, FACS, FRCSI, FRCSEd(Hon), at the virtual ACS Clinical Congress 2020 Convocation. Dr. Sanfey is an esteemed general surgeon, professor of surgery, and vice-chair for educational affairs at […]
For outstanding mentorship and a commitment to global trauma care, this year’s recipient of the Dr. Mary Edwards Walker Inspiring Women in Surgery Award is Susan Miller Briggs, MD, MPH, FACS. The award will be presented during the virtual Convocation Sunday, October 4. The American College of Surgeons (ACS) Women in Surgery Committee established the […]
The Annual Business Meeting of Members of the ACS will take place Wednesday, October 7, 2020, at Virtual Clinical Congress 2020.
Summarizes the content updates featured in SESAP 17 Advanced.
More in this category
- Emergency Medical Technicians honor Dr. Hoyt with 2020 Norman McSwain PHTLS Leadership Award
- Surgeons honored for volunteerism and humanitarian efforts
- Should residents unionize? Hear the pros and cons at virtual Clinical Congress 2020 RAS-ACS Symposium
- Watch or review ACS Quality and Safety Conference VIRTUAL Sessions through October 31
- Call for nominations for ACS Officers-Elect and ACS Board of Regents
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, June 2020
- Board of Governors Pillars continue to make your voice heard
- Chapter news
- 2020 Author index
- 2020 Subject index
- Letter from the Editor
- Announcing the new Cancer Surgery Standards Program
- ACS issues call to action on racism as a public health crisis: An ethical imperative
- Memoir recounts “golden age” of surgical innovation Dr. Wangensteen led at University of Minnesota
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, February 2020