Wayne Meredith, MD, FACS, MCCM, has been elected to serve as the 2019–2020 President-Elect of the ACS.
Tyler G. Hughes, MD, FACS, was elected as ACS Secretary and Don K. Nakayama, MD, MBA, FACS, was elected Treasurer at the Annual Meeting of Members October 30 in San Francisco, CA.
New ACS Regents were elected and new Board of Governors’ Executive Committee members were installed during the Annual Business Meeting of Members at Clinical Congress 2019.
The 2019 Nominating Committee of the Board of Governors will select nominees for pending vacancies on the Board of Regents, and the 2019 Nominating Committee of the Fellows will select nominees for Officer-Elect positions.
The ACS, in association with Pfizer, is accepting nominations for the 2019 Surgical Volunteerism Award(s) and Surgical Humanitarian Award.
More in this category
- Heller School Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management 2020 scholarships available
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Enhancing the American College of Surgeons NSQIP Surgical Risk Calculator to predict geriatric outcomes
- 2019 Author index
- 2019 Subject index
- Valerie W. Rusch, MD, FACS, installed as 2019–2020 ACS President
- Patricia J. Numann, MD, FACS, receives ACS Lifetime Achievement Award
- Colonel Norman M. Rich, MD, FACS, receives inaugural Distinguished Military Lifetime Achievement Award
- 12 prominent surgeons awarded Honorary Fellowship in the ACS
- Citation for Prof. Italo F. Braghetto, MD, MHA, FACS
- Citation for Prof. Laurence Chiché, MD, PhD
- Citation for Prof. Ian D.S. Civil, MBChB, FACS, FRACS
- Citation for Prof. John M.P. Hyland, MCh, FRCS, FRCSI, FACS, FRCSEd(Hon)
- Citation for Prof. Yoko Kato, MD, PhD
- Citation for Prof. Marek Krawczyk, MD, PhD
- Citation for Prof. Antonio M. de Lacy Fortuny, MD, PhD