Before adjourning in December, Congress passed two spending bills to keep most health care programs and federal agencies funded through October 1, 2020, with some monies directed specifically to firearm injury and cancer research.
Dateline DC: An overview of 2020 Medicare physician fee schedule provisions that will affect surgical practices
This month’s column summarizes key provisions in the 2020 Medicare physician fee schedule.
The ACS opposes the CMS proposal to adopt new E/M codes and to increase the values of most of the new standalone office/outpatient E/M codes.
Dateline DC: 2019 Advocate at Home Program demonstrates the importance of advocating for surgery outside of Washington, DC
The aim and development of the ACS Division of Advocacy and Health Policy’s Advocate at Home Program, which provides resources to support in-district meetings, are described.
A summary of 2020 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule and Outpatient Prospective Payment System/Ambulatory Surgery Center proposed rule policies that could affect physician payment is provided.
More in this category
- Dateline DC—Federal legislative priorities require surgeon advocate action
- Dateline DC—Congress proposes transparency and oversight of prior authorization
- Dateline DC—Stop the Bleed demonstrates how advocacy has the power to effect change
- Dateline DC—Unanticipated medical billing takes center stage
- Dateline DC—Advocacy Summit Participants Set to Advocate on Health Policy Priorities
- Dateline DC—Democrat leaders shift focus to preserving Affordable Care Act protections
- Dateline: DC—Government shutdown ends, Congress begins work on health care priorities
- Dateline: DC—ACSPA-SurgeonsPAC makes an impact on 2018 midterm elections
- Dateline: DC—Recent congressional activity and a look ahead
- Dateline: DC—2018 Advocate at Home Program: You are your best advocate
- Dateline: DC—House passes ACS priority bills before starting in-district work period
- Dateline: DC—July 2018
- Dateline: DC—June 2018
- Dateline: DC—May 2018
- Dateline: DC—April 2018