The ACS opposes the CMS proposal to adopt new E/M codes and to increase the values of most of the new standalone office/outpatient E/M codes.
Valerie W. Rusch, MD, FACS, was installed as ACS President and John A. Weigelt, MD, DVM, FACS, and F. Dean Griffen, MD, FACS, were installed as First and Second Vice-President, respectively, at Clinical Congress 2019, San Francisco, CA.
Patricia J. Numann, MD, FACS, received the ACS Lifetime Achievement Award at Clinical Congress 2019, San Francisco, CA.
Colonel Norman M. Rich, MD, FACS, receives inaugural Distinguished Military Lifetime Achievement Award
The inaugural recipient of the ACS Distinguished Military Lifetime Achievement Award is retired U.S. Army Colonel Norman M. Rich, MD, FACS, DMCC, MC.
Honorary Fellowship in the American College of Surgeons was awarded to 12 prominent surgeons from around the world at the October 27 Convocation at Clinical Congress 2019.
More in this category
- Citation for Prof. Italo F. Braghetto, MD, MHA, FACS
- Citation for Prof. Laurence Chiché, MD, PhD
- Citation for Prof. Ian D.S. Civil, MBChB, FACS, FRACS
- Citation for Prof. John M.P. Hyland, MCh, FRCS, FRCSI, FACS, FRCSEd(Hon)
- Citation for Prof. Yoko Kato, MD, PhD
- Citation for Prof. Marek Krawczyk, MD, PhD
- Citation for Prof. Antonio M. de Lacy Fortuny, MD, PhD
- Citation for Prof. Ari Kalevi Leppäniemi, MD, PhD
- Citation for Prof. Neil Mortensen, MBChB, MD, MA, FRCSEng, FRCPSGlasg(Hon), FRCSEd(Hon), FRCSI(Hon)
- Citation for Prof. Vijay Naraynsingh, MD, FACS
- Citation for Prof. Kerstin Sandelin, MD, PhD, FACS, FRCS
- Citation for Prof. Panayotis Soucacos, MD, FACS
- Members in the news
- Call for nominations for ACS Officers-Elect and ACS Board of Regents
- ACS in the news