The Association of Women Surgeons (AWS) Foundation honored several surgeons and trainees who are supportive of the AWS mission to inspire, encourage, and enable women surgeons to meet their professional and personal goals at its Virtual Awards Ceremony December 6, 2020. Nina Starr Braunwald Award The 2020 Nina Starr Braunwald Award, which recognizes a lifetime […]
The American College of Surgeons (ACS) is accepting applications for the 2021 Joan L. and Julius H. Jacobson II Promising Investigator Award (JPIA) through February 28, 2021. The JPIA was established to recognize outstanding surgeons who are engaging in research, advancing the art and science of surgery, and demonstrating early promise of significant contribution to […]
The 2021 Nominating Committee of the Board of Governors will select nominees for pending vacancies on the Board of Regents, and the 2021 Nominating Committee of the Fellows will select candidates for Officer-Elect positions.
This report describes the recent activities, initiatives, and business matters of both the ACSPA and the College as of October 2020.
ACS domestic and international chapter meetings, events, and award presentations are summarized.
More in this category
- Report from the Central Judiciary Committee: Five surgeons disciplined in 2020
- Julie A. Freischlag, MD, FACS, FRCSEd(Hon), DFSVS, is 2020– 2021 ACS President-Elect
- L. Scott Levin, MD, FACS, elected Chair of ACS Board of Regents
- New Regents, Board of Governors Executive Committee members elected
- Nine prominent surgeons awarded Honorary Fellowship in the ACS
- Citation for Prof. Wilhelmus “Willem” A. Bemelman, MD
- Citation for André Jan Louis D’Hoore, MD, PhD
- Citation for Antonio Di Cataldo, MD
- Citation for José Manuel Fábrega Sosa, MD, FACS, FSSO, APMC
- Citation for Manfred Frey, MD
- Citation for Seyed Ali Malek Hosseini, MD
- Citation for Denis Mukengere Mukwege, MD
- Citation for April Camilla Roslani, MBBS, MSurg, MRCSEd, FRCSEd, FRCSGlas
- Citation for S. Raja Sabapathy, MS(Gen), MCh, DNB(Plastic), DSc(Hon), FAMS, FRCSEd(Hon), FRCSGlas(Hon)
- Dr. Frank K. Butler, Jr., receives Distinguished Lifetime Military Contribution Award