Paul K. Carlton, MD, FACS, will receive the ACS Distinguished Military Contribution Award at the Clinical Congress 2021 virtual Convocation ceremony.
Margaret “Peggy” Knudson, MD, FACS, San Francisco, CA, will receive the 2021 ACS Dr. Mary Edwards Walker Inspiring Women in Surgery Award at the Clinical Congress 2021 virtual Convocation.
The Board of Governors’ Surgical Volunteerism and Humanitarian Awards Workgroup has announced the recipients of the 2021 ACS/Pfizer Surgical Volunteerism Awards.
As the newly appointed ACS Director of Diversity, Cie Armstead, MPA, DBA, will lead the development and implementation of proactive anti-racism and diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in support of the College’s strategic plan to create an environment where all have the opportunity to succeed.
This article summarizes the topics and issues presented at the 2021 Quality and Safety Conference VIRTUAL July 12-16.
More in this category
- Official notice: Annual Business Meeting of Members, American College of Surgeons
- ACS mourns the Passing of J. David Richardson, MD, FACS, ACS Past-President
- Dr. L.D. Britt to receive ACS Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dr. David P. Winchester to receive Distinguished Service Award
- ACS “Talk It Up” campaign helps surgeons speak with patients about COVID-19 vaccination
- ACS joins call for COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all health care workers
- Joint statement in support of COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all workers in health and long-term care
- Kosova College of Surgeons hosts first Clinical Congress
- Your ACS benefits: We have the tools for you to become an effective surgeon-advocate
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, June 2021
- ACS hosts the Promoting DEI & Anti-Racism Professional Surgical Society Retreat
- Apply for ACS Board of Regents Innovative Grant for DEI and Anti-Racism
- Your ACS benefits: SSR helps surgeons track outcomes and learn from their data
- ACS launches Instagram channel: Follow us today
- Members in the news