Profiles the 2020 ACS-COSECSA Women Scholars.
The ACS Women in Surgery Committee has developed a toolkit to facilitate ongoing learning, including sample training scenarios, on the topics of bullying, harassment, and discrimination.
In memoriam: Dr. John M. Daly: ACS Past-Second Vice-President and leader in cancer care, patient education
John M. Daly, MD, FACS, FRCSI(Hon), a renowned breast and gastrointestinal oncologist and an ACS Past-Second Vice-President, passed away unexpectedly at the age of 73.
Diana L. Farmer, MD, FACS, FRCS, an internationally renowned pediatric and fetal surgeon and an ACS Regent, was elected President-Elect of the American Surgical Association.
Lenworth M. Jacobs, Jr., MD, MPH, FACS, ACS Past-Regent, was awarded the Medallion for Advancement of Surgical Care by the American Surgical Association for his dedicated efforts to the ACS STOP THE BLEED program.
More in this category
- Dr. Cato Laurencin elected to National Academy of Engineering
- Profiles of 2020 ACS-COSECSA Women Scholars: Part I
- ACS introduces new funding opportunity for surgeon scientists
- Don’t miss the 2021 Virtual Leadership & Advocacy Summit this month
- Register for the 2021 ACS Quality and Safety Conference
- Call for nominations for Dr. Mary Edwards Walker Inspiring Women in Surgery Award
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, February 2021
- Dateline DC: The American Rescue Plan signed into law
- 2021 Virtual Leadership & Advocacy Summit offers opportunities for surgeon leaders and advocates
- Your ACS benefits: ACS program focuses on surgeon well-being
- Faculty Research Fellows for 2021–2023 announced
- ACS awards six Resident Research Scholarships for 2021–2023
- New GSV Implementation Course module explores function and mobility
- TQIP 2020 meeting outlines the future of trauma care
- Cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. James L. Cox receives the 2020 Jacobson Innovation Award