Revised Statement on Trauma Center Designation Based upon System Need and the Economic Drivers Impacting Trauma Systems
The following revised statement was developed by the ACS Committee on Trauma in 2014, and the addendum addressing specific issues related to the economic drivers impacting trauma systems was added in June 2021 with the approval of the Board of Regents.
Revised Statement on the Importance of Workplace Accommodations for Pregnancy, Parental Leave, and Lactation Support for Practicing Surgeons
The Revised Statement on the Importance of Workplace Accommodations for Pregnancy, Parental Leave, and Lactation Support for Practicing Surgeons was developed collaboratively by the ACS Women in Surgery Committee, the Association of Women Surgeons, and the ACS Board of Regents.
The Statement on Resident Access to Personal Protective Equipment was developed by the ACS Resident and Associate Society and approved by the ACS Board of Regents.
Statement on the Importance of Pregnancy, Parental Leave, and Workplace Accommodations for Surgical Residents and Fellows
The Statement on Suicide Prevention was developed by the ACS COT’s Committee on Injury Prevention and Control and was approved by the Board of Regents at its February meeting in Chicago, IL.
More in this category
- Statement on Suicide Prevention
- Statement on Harassment, Bullying, and Discrimination
- Statement on Older Adult Falls and Falls Prevention
- Revised Statement on Patient Safety Principles for Office-Based Surgery Utilizing Moderate Sedation/Analgesia
- Statement on Guidelines for the Ethical Use of Social Media by Surgeons
- Revised Statement on Intimate Partner Violence
- Revised Statement on Patient Safety in the Operating Room: Team Care
- Statement on Recommendations for Surgeons Caring for Patients Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Statement on Credentialing and Privileging and Volume Performance Issues
- Statement on Medical Student Use of the Electronic Health Record
- Statement on Cannabis Regulation and Risk of Injury
- Statement on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Adults
- Statement on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Pediatric Trauma Patients
- Revised Statement on Diversity
- Statement on Maintaining Surgical Access with a Locum Tenens Surgeon