Lessons learned about the ACS Quality Verification Program and pilot hospitals’ pandemic response(0)
Describes how ACS QVP standards helped guide hospital leaders in effectively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and highlights how this program establishes a national model for surgical quality through a scalable infrastructure.
The professional accomplishments of Dr. Bender—an ACS Past-President, innovative pediatric cardiologist, and dedicated educator—are described.
The professional accomplishments of Dr. Fischer—Past-Chair of the Board of Regents, an exemplary educator, leader, and clinical and translational researcher—are described.
The introduction to the first-place winner of the 2021 ACS YFA Communications Committee Essay Contest highlights the inspiration for this year’s theme.
YFA Communications Committee Essay Contest 2021: Starting 2021 off right: Positive lessons learned from a pandemic and how medicine has pushed forward
Laura S. Johnson, MD, FCCP, FACS, the winner of the 2021 YFA Communications Committee Essay Contest, describes the evolution of collaboration and networking during the COVID-19 pandemic.
More in this category
- Profiles in ACS leadership: A few questions for Nancy L. Gantt, MD, FACS
- Statement on Restrictive Covenants
- Revised Statement on Trauma Center Designation Based upon System Need and the Economic Drivers Impacting Trauma Systems
- The intersection of climate change and surgery
- Lessons from COVID-19: Why adaptation is needed for surgical climate readiness
- Surgeon asked colleagues why they chose the profession: Giants of the era responded
- Tips for turning a strategic plan into active advocacy
- Profiles in ACS leadership: A few questions for Steven D. Wexner, MD, FACS, FRCSEng, FRCSEd, FRCSI(Hon), FRCSGlasg(Hon)
- The surgeon’s role in health policy: An introduction
- Getting started in advocacy and health policy: The ACS can help
- The teaching prerogative and the role of surgeons in educational health care policy
- Surgical societies: Their impact on health policy
- Surgeon advocacy in action: Challenges, accomplishments, and future direction
- This is our lane: Advocating for firearm injury prevention as surgeons
- Leveraging the surgeon’s role in health policy to address global road traffic injury