Outlines the characteristics necessary for a successful career in medicine and surgery, and identifies strategies for engaging in a meaningful residency experience.
This article describes the inequities in oncologic surgical care for Native Americans and identifies how the recruitment of Native Americans into healthcare reduces disparities and enhances trust in the US medical system.
Dr. Brown overcame many obstacles on her path to becoming the first Black woman general surgeon Fellow of the ACS.
Describes Dr. Beecher’s role in the development of bioethics and the regulation of research, and outlines his pioneering work in the area of informed consent.
Identifies lessons learned from managing the COVID-19 pandemic and the Haiti earthquakes of 2010 for responding to future mass casualty events.
More in this category
- Statement in Support of the FSMB Policy on Physician Illness and Impairment: Towards a Model that Optimizes Patient Safety and Physician Health
- The COT at 100: A Legacy of Improved Care for the Injured Patient
- A Family Affair: Mother-Daughter Surgeons Reflect on Relationships and the Changing Face of Surgery
- RAS-ACS Symposium: Pro: Competency-Based Training: Is There Any Other Way?
- RAS-ACS Symposium: Con: Competency-Based Training: A Gateway to Efficiency or a Sprint to the Finish Line?
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, MD: Ophthalmologist, Author, and Defender of Justice
- Profiles in ACS Leadership: A Few Questions for Anton N. Sidawy, MD, MPH, FACS, DFSVS, MAMSE
- RAS-ACS Communications Committee Essay Contest: Introduction from the RAS-ACS Communications Committee Chair
- RAS-ACS Communications Committee Essay Contest: More Than Just a Number: How Should We Be Evaluating Candidates for the Match?
- Olga M. Jonasson Lecture: Grit in Spite of Adversity in the Pursuit of Excellence
- Data Reveal the Details about the Surgeon Workforce Shortage
- Sylvia M. Ramos Cruz, MD, MS, FACS: Surgeon, Writer, and Activist
- Lori Arviso Alvord, MD: The First Navajo Nation Tribal Member to Be Board Certified in General Surgery
- Is There a Correlation between Physician Employment and Liability Premiums?
- Commission on Cancer: One hundred years, past and future