This month’s cover story describes the origin and future direction of the AHRQ Safety Program for Improving Surgical Care and Recovery and summarizes findings from three hospitals that have successfully implemented the program.
This Clinical Congress 2019 wrap-up summarizes key events at the annual meeting, Convocation, Named Lectures, and award winners and honorees.
The experiences of the inaugural Medical Student Clinical Congress Travel Award recipient are summarized.
The 2020 Medicare physician fee schedule: An overview of provisions that will affect surgical practices
This article reviews provisions in the 2020 Medicare physician fee schedule final rule that are relevant to general surgery and its related specialties.
Changes to Current Procedural Terminology codes and an overview of related reporting information are summarized.
More in this category
- What to expect from the 2020 Quality Payment Program
- Genetic testing for all breast cancer patients: Is this becoming a reality?
- ACS Officers, Regents, and Board of Governors’ Executive Committee
- Presidential Address: The joys of learning, collaborating, and giving back
- The 2020 Inpatient Prospective Payment System final rule: How will it affect surgeons and hospitals?
- ACS acts to address burdensome, inappropriate use of prior authorization
- 2019 state legislative review: State legislatures tackle a range of patient safety, access, and quality of care issues
- 2019 Executive Director’s annual report
- Joint contracting under antitrust laws: An overview
- Practicing primary palliative care: A call to action
- Longitudinal experience with the RTTDC: Improving outcomes through collaboration
- Stopping the bleed in Texas: The importance of surgeons and health care professionals as advocates
- State legislatures consider surprise billing legislation in 2019
- The CoC: Ensuring quality cancer care and a commitment to advocacy for cancer research and prevention
- RAS-ACS Symposium essays: Shift work surgery: Loss of continuity or sensible balance of responsibility?