Describes the qualities of effective site reviewers, provides examples of process improvements developed by reviewer feedback, and summarizes the College’s initiative to align ACS Quality Programs.
Describes the purposes and participants’ reaction to The Surgical Metrics Project at Clinical Congress 2019, which used wearable technology to measure surgical decision making and technique.
Surgeons appointed by Spanish royalty contributed to development of oldest U.S. city: St. Augustine, FL
Figure 1. Juan Ponce de León, Florida conquistador and first documented surgical patient for an operation to remove a lodged arrow from his groin (public domain image)
Editor’s note: The American College of Surgeons (ACS) Board of Governors (B/G) conducts an annual survey of its domestic and international members. The purpose of the survey is to provide a means of communicating the concerns of the Governors to the College leadership. The 2019 ACS Governors Survey, conducted in July 2019 by the B/G […]
More in this category
- 2019 ACS Governors Survey: ACS Governors: Bidirectional communication ambassadors
- 2019 ACS-COSECSA Women Scholars describe how they and their patients benefit from the scholarships: Part I
- A call into the distance: How quality review can change a rural cancer patient’s outcome
- Surprise billing, trauma, and cancer top state legislative agendas in 2020
- Filling the gap: Using 3-D printing to overcome critical equipment shortages during the COVID-19 crisis
- Community hospital’s losing battle with COVID-19: A surgery resident’s account
- Death of Dr. Isaac Burrell inspired black hospital movement
- New ACS-led verification program aims to improve care for rural surgical patients
- Michigan hospital participates in first pilot site visit for new ACS rural surgery verification program
- The evolution of lung cancer surgery contributes to the sharpest drop in overall cancer mortality in the U.S.
- ACS COT participates in study to develop comparative data on trauma care organization
- Statement on Suicide Prevention
- A tribute to Robert N. McClelland, MD, FACS, founder of SRGS
- Global Surgical and Medical Support Group helps Kurds develop self-sustaining health care system
- 2019 Advocate of the Year offers tips for effective advocacy