What surgeons should know about…
This column addresses frequently asked questions about the new office/outpatient E/M reporting guidelines.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) finalized several updates to meet the participation requirements for year five (2021) of the Quality Payment Program (QPP). The QPP comprises two pathways for participation—the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) or sufficient participation in an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (A-APM). If you participate via MIPS, your score […]
Several finalized requirements for QPP participation in 2021 are identified, specifically the MIPS and APM pathways.
This article provides guidance to assist Fellows in navigating their contractual relationships with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
More in this category
- Medicare participation and enrollment
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary program billing requirements
- The 2018 inpatient-only list
- Regulatory burden reduction
- The 2018 Inpatient Prospective Payment System final rule
- The New Medicare Card Project
- The Merit-based Incentive Payment System for small and rural practices
- Alternative Payment Models
- Health insurance audit processes, penalties, and appeals
- Postoperative data reporting for global services
- Reporting global codes data in 2017
- The benefits of attending a 2017 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- Understanding Medicare Part B incident to billing
- Meeting meaningful use requirements in 2016
- Medicaid program expansion