What surgeons should know about…
Note: Psychotherapy notes are excluded from the definition of EHI for purposes of the information-blocking regulations.
This column addresses frequently asked questions about the new office/outpatient E/M reporting guidelines.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) finalized several updates to meet the participation requirements for year five (2021) of the Quality Payment Program (QPP). The QPP comprises two pathways for participation—the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) or sufficient participation in an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (A-APM). If you participate via MIPS, your score […]
Several finalized requirements for QPP participation in 2021 are identified, specifically the MIPS and APM pathways.
More in this category
- Medicare enrollment and participation
- Medicare participation and enrollment
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary program billing requirements
- The 2018 inpatient-only list
- Regulatory burden reduction
- The 2018 Inpatient Prospective Payment System final rule
- The New Medicare Card Project
- The Merit-based Incentive Payment System for small and rural practices
- Alternative Payment Models
- Health insurance audit processes, penalties, and appeals
- Postoperative data reporting for global services
- Reporting global codes data in 2017
- The benefits of attending a 2017 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- Understanding Medicare Part B incident to billing
- Meeting meaningful use requirements in 2016