A look at The Joint Commission
The Joint Commission’s response to provider concerns regarding COVID-19 vaccination is summarized.
The challenges faced by health care professionals during the peak of COVID-19, including rapidly evolving guidelines and patient surges, are summarized.
Identifies precautionary measures related to the removal of surgical smoke, including engineering controls, smoke evacuators, and high-filtration masks.
Describes the College’s and The Joint Commission’s ongoing efforts to improve trauma care and provides an introduction to Dr. Coleman’s article describing her husband’s experiences at a state-verified Level II trauma center.
Note from Carlos A. Pellegrini, MD, FACS, FRCSI(Hon), FRCS(Hon), FRCSEd(Hon)* In 2015, I was appointed by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) to serve as the ACS representative on The Joint Commission. I thought that it would be important to pick a topic that The Joint Commission was working on that might be particularly relevant […]
More in this category
- We need to talk: Study highlights effort to overcome language barriers in surgical patient care
- I COUGH provides blueprint for sustainable quality improvement
- Recommendations pour in as surgeons navigate COVID-19 pandemic
- Improving professionalism among physicians and surgeons
- Joint Commission resources available to detect, prevent workplace violence
- Revisiting To Err Is Human 20 years later
- New Speak Up campaign focuses on patients’ rights
- Retained foreign bodies and wrong site surgery continue to be a challenge
- JAMA Surgery “Viewpoint” misrepresents Joint Commission’s role in the opioid epidemic
- Joint Commission to start reporting on high rate of C-sections, adds new standards
- Retained foreign bodies: Can we stem the tide?
- 2018 Eisenberg Award winners include Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Pediatric hospital uses postoperative care bundle to reduce SSIs in cardiac patients
- Joint Commission focuses on strategies to detect, prevent drug diversion
- Study aims to improve handoff process to stem incidence of workplace violence