ACS quality and safety case studies
Hospital-based preoperative clinic applies ERAS and Strong for Surgery guidelines to optimize patients for surgery(0)
The results of an ERAS initiative and a Strong for Surgery checklist applied to colorectal surgery patients at CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System, Texarkana, TX, are summarized.
The results of a quality improvement initiative to reduce length of stay for arthroplasty patients at the Kaiser Westside Medical Center (KWMC), Hillsboro, OR, are summarized.
ERAS program improves outcomes in patients undergoing cytoreductive surgery and heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy
The Mayo Clinic in Arizona, Phoenix, implemented an enhanced recovery after surgery program for patients undergoing hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy, and the results and lessons learned are described.
This column outlines the results of a new tracheostomy decannulation protocol and lessons learned in developing the quality initiative at Christiana Hospital, Newark, DE.
This column outlines the results of a new protocol at Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island, NY, designed to reduce catheter-associated urinary tract infection rates.
More in this category
- Enhanced recovery program benefits frail colon and rectal surgery patients
- Implementation of a pediatric trauma cervical spine clearance pathway
- Dedicated pre- and postoperative unit leads to fasttrack pathway for noncomplicated pediatric appendicitis
- ERABS leads to reduced opioid use among bariatric surgery patients
- UC Davis implements a clinical practice guideline for postoperative management of pediatric appendicitis
- A multidisciplinary approach reduces clostridium difficile infections in adult surgical patients
- Texas Children’s Hospital introduces standardized protocol to reduce pediatric baclofen pump infections
- Improving high-value care of ileocolic intussusception in a pediatric ED
- South Miami Hospital implements strategies for prevention of SSI in bariatric surgery
- Quality improvement in imaging strategies for pediatric appendicitis
- Preoperative smoking cessation: Every patient, every operation
- Practice changes lower rates of transfusion, superficial SSI, and morbidity
- Practice changes for reducing UTIs in colon and rectal surgery patients
- Impact of SSI reduction strategy after colorectal resection