For your patients
The aim of the Alliance A191402CD trial is to evaluate the use of decision aids for men choosing treatment for located prostate cancer, particularly in minority populations.
The results of a quality improvement initiative to decrease unplanned intensive care unit admissions at Geisinger-CMC, Scranton, PA, are summarized.
Postoperative pain and nausea protocols decrease LOS without increasing readmissions after laparoscopic gastric bypass
Analgesic and nausea protocols deployed across four phases of operative care in patients at The University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, resulted in a reduced length of stay without increasing readmissions.
A summary of the structure and function of the National Cancer Institute’s National Clinical Trial Network is provided.
Hospital-based preoperative clinic applies ERAS and Strong for Surgery guidelines to optimize patients for surgery
The results of an ERAS initiative and a Strong for Surgery checklist applied to colorectal surgery patients at CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System, Texarkana, TX, are summarized.
More in this category
- ACS Clinical Research Program sessions at Clinical Congress 2019: A recap
- Biliary tract cancers: NCDB role in rare malignancy
- ERAS leads to reduced length of stay for geriatric joint replacement patients
- Modified FOLFIRINOX is superior to gemcitabine as adjuvant therapy for resected pancreatic cancer: The PRODIGE 24/CCTG PA6 Trial
- ERAS program improves outcomes in patients undergoing cytoreductive surgery and heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- ALCHEMIST trial has potential to improve outcomes after lung cancer resection
- Comparison of NCDB and CBTRUS demographic data for astrocytoma and glioblastoma
- New protocol leads to improved trauma decannulation rate
- Could axillary reverse mapping be useful in reducing surgical comorbidities?
- Trauma at Thanksgiving
- Routine Foley catheter placement affects postoperative UTIs in bariatric surgery patients
- Evolution in the management of desmoid tumors: Challenging the role of upfront surgical resection
- Bloodshot: Ocular lacerations from gunshot wounds
- Enhanced recovery program benefits frail colon and rectal surgery patients
- Putting the needle before the knife: Minimally invasive approaches to diagnostic lymph node biopsy in melanoma