For your patients
Opioid abuse has come to the forefront of medical issues in recent years. What began in the 1990s with an increase in opioid prescriptions, fueled by a desire to better treat pain and reassurances from pharmaceutical companies on safety, developed into a crisis affecting nearly 1.7 million individuals by 2017, according to the National Institute […]
Pancreatic cystic neoplasms occur in up to 20 percent of the U.S. adult population, and the incidence increases with more advanced age.1 In recent years, the prevalence of cystic neoplasms of the pancreas appears to be increasing as more patients undergo cross-sectional imaging in both the ambulatory and emergency setting. A recent study of patients […]
There will be 27,600 new diagnoses of gastric cancer and 11,010 gastric cancer-related deaths in the U.S. in 2020. Most patients with gastric cancer will succumb to their disease, and only those few patients diagnosed at an early stage can expect to be cured.1 Gastric cancer occurs with significantly higher incidence in eastern countries, which […]
A quality improvement initiative implemented by the University of Alabama at Birmingham improved patient mobility and decreased hospital length of stay for an older surgical patient population.
Ga-68 positron emission tomography has improved the clinical management of gastrointestinal and pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, and multiple studies are ongoing to define its optimal role in clinical practice.
More in this category
- Neoadjuvant and perioperative chemotherapy for localized pancreatic cancer: Leveraging small and large databases in the absence of Level 1 evidence
- Early-stage prostate cancer decision aids for diverse patient populations
- Keep calm and stay out of the ICU: A comprehensive approach to reducing unplanned ICU admissions
- Postoperative pain and nausea protocols decrease LOS without increasing readmissions after laparoscopic gastric bypass
- What is the National Clinical Trials Network, and how do I join?
- Hospital-based preoperative clinic applies ERAS and Strong for Surgery guidelines to optimize patients for surgery
- ACS Clinical Research Program sessions at Clinical Congress 2019: A recap
- Biliary tract cancers: NCDB role in rare malignancy
- ERAS leads to reduced length of stay for geriatric joint replacement patients
- Modified FOLFIRINOX is superior to gemcitabine as adjuvant therapy for resected pancreatic cancer: The PRODIGE 24/CCTG PA6 Trial
- ERAS program improves outcomes in patients undergoing cytoreductive surgery and heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- ALCHEMIST trial has potential to improve outcomes after lung cancer resection
- Comparison of NCDB and CBTRUS demographic data for astrocytoma and glioblastoma
- New protocol leads to improved trauma decannulation rate
- Could axillary reverse mapping be useful in reducing surgical comorbidities?