For your patients
A quality improvement initiative implemented by the University of Alabama at Birmingham improved patient mobility and decreased hospital length of stay for an older surgical patient population.
Ga-68 positron emission tomography has improved the clinical management of gastrointestinal and pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, and multiple studies are ongoing to define its optimal role in clinical practice.
Neoadjuvant and perioperative chemotherapy for localized pancreatic cancer: Leveraging small and large databases in the absence of Level 1 evidence
In the rapidly evolving clinical paradigms for localized pancreatic cancer, a combination of Level 1 data and large and small database studies can inform disease management.
The aim of the Alliance A191402CD trial is to evaluate the use of decision aids for men choosing treatment for located prostate cancer, particularly in minority populations.
The results of a quality improvement initiative to decrease unplanned intensive care unit admissions at Geisinger-CMC, Scranton, PA, are summarized.
More in this category
- Postoperative pain and nausea protocols decrease LOS without increasing readmissions after laparoscopic gastric bypass
- What is the National Clinical Trials Network, and how do I join?
- Hospital-based preoperative clinic applies ERAS and Strong for Surgery guidelines to optimize patients for surgery
- ACS Clinical Research Program sessions at Clinical Congress 2019: A recap
- Biliary tract cancers: NCDB role in rare malignancy
- ERAS leads to reduced length of stay for geriatric joint replacement patients
- Modified FOLFIRINOX is superior to gemcitabine as adjuvant therapy for resected pancreatic cancer: The PRODIGE 24/CCTG PA6 Trial
- ERAS program improves outcomes in patients undergoing cytoreductive surgery and heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- ALCHEMIST trial has potential to improve outcomes after lung cancer resection
- Comparison of NCDB and CBTRUS demographic data for astrocytoma and glioblastoma
- New protocol leads to improved trauma decannulation rate
- Could axillary reverse mapping be useful in reducing surgical comorbidities?
- Trauma at Thanksgiving
- Routine Foley catheter placement affects postoperative UTIs in bariatric surgery patients
- Evolution in the management of desmoid tumors: Challenging the role of upfront surgical resection