Dr. Hoyt provides an update on ACS diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism initiatives including a virtual summit that convened the House of Surgery in June to discuss the provision of equitable and value-based care, the work of the Board of Governors Diversity Pillar, and the hiring of the new ACS Director of Diversity
Summarizes the findings of recent studies examining the role of radiation therapy in the treatment of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma in the contemporary neoadjuvant setting.
Note: Psychotherapy notes are excluded from the definition of EHI for purposes of the information-blocking regulations.
The notable achievements of the recipients of the 2020 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Awards are highlighted.
Franklin H. Martin’s, MD, FACS, work as a brickmaker during his formative years enhanced his stamina, focus, and teamwork skills, which he demonstrated later in his foundational work in surgery.
More in this category
- Looking forward – August 2021
- Tips and strategies to maximize the use and impact of social media
- New award recognizes hospitals that are working to reduce health care disparities
- Looking forward – July 2021
- Surgical oncology for the general surgeon
- Joint Commission launches new advanced certification program in spine surgery
- Presidential illness, privacy, and a surgeon’s character: Some artifacts
- Looking forward – June 2021
- Letters to the Editor
- Using the palliative performance scale to increase goals of care conversations
- Surgical emergencies in advanced cancer patients: How to navigate a perilous time
- What surgeons should know about: Reporting new office/outpatient E/M codes
- Vaccination hesitancy and a positive response to the call to action for volunteers
- Looking forward – May 2021
- Reducing duration of postoperative prophylactic antibiotics in neonatal surgery