All military surgeons, as well as medical students, residents, and fellows at military medical centers, are invited to submit their research for presentation at the Second Annual Excelsior Surgical Society Meeting, sponsored by the Military Health System Strategic Partnership American College of Surgeons (MHSSPACS) and the Excelsior Surgical Society. The date for the Excelsior Surgical Society meeting is Sunday, October 16, in conjunction with the ACS Clinical Congress 2016, October 16−20 in Washington, DC. The meeting will serve as a scholarly forum with a variety of abstract presentations showcasing the best surgical research being done in the U.S. military. Those authors chosen to present will share their research with some of the most senior military surgical leaders, both past and present.
Following are requirements for submitting abstracts for consideration:
- All general surgery and non-general surgery surgical subspecialties will be considered.
- Oral and video presentations are welcome; case studies will not be accepted.
- The deadline for submissions is 5:00 pm (Central), Friday, May 13.
- Accepted authors are encouraged to submit full manuscripts to the Journal of the American College of Surgeons.
- Format: Introduction, methods, results, and conclusion.
- Times New Roman, 12 point.
- 250-maximum word limit, one table limit (included in word count).
- Research may be completed or in progress but not previously presented or published.
- Abstracts should be submitted online to Garrett Kirk at email@example.com.
- Authors also should provide the following information upon submission:
- Name, including rank
- Branch of service
- Military status: active duty/reservist/retired/prior service
- Station: military treatment facility or hospital
- Contact info: e-mail, phone number, and address
- Training level: resident, medical student, fellow, or staff
- Program director, if applicable
Questions about research criteria should be directed to Robert Lim, MD, FACS, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gordon Wisbach, MD, FACS, at email@example.com. All other questions should be sent to Mr. Kirk at firstname.lastname@example.org.