The American College of Surgeons (ACS) is offering scholarships to subsidize attendance and participation in the 2016 Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management June 12−18 at the Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University, Waltham, MA.
The award of $8,000 will apply to the cost of tuition, travel, housing, and subsistence during the period of the course and the post-course follow-up period. The closing date for receipt of all application materials is February 1, 2016.
The College will fully fund two scholarships reserved for general surgeons. In addition, several surgical specialty societies have partnered with the ACS to cosponsor a scholarship for members in good standing of both the College and their societies to attend this intensive program. Participating societies supporting scholarships are listed in the sidebar.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the selection process by March 31, 2016.
Direct questions to the ACS Scholarships Administrator at email@example.com or 312-202-5281. Requirements for the health policy scholarships are posted on the ACS website.
Find more information about the Heller School for Social Policy and Management online.
Societies Co-sponsoring a Scholarship with the ACS
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head & Neck Surgery
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- American Pediatric Surgical Society
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Surgical Association
- American Urogynecologic Society
- American Urological Association (via its Gallagher Scholarship program)
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma Foundation
- New England Surgical Society
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Society for Vascular Surgery