The 2015 Nominating Committee of the Fellows (NCF) will select nominees for the three Officer-Elect positions of the American College of Surgeons (ACS): President-Elect, First Vice-President Elect, and Second Vice-President Elect. The NCF will use the following guidelines when considering potential candidates:
Nominees must be loyal members of the College who have demonstrated outstanding integrity and medical statesmanship, along with an unquestioned devotion to the highest principles of surgical practice.
- Nominees must have demonstrated leadership qualities that might be reflected by service and active participation on ACS committees or in other components of the College.
- Members of the Nominating Committee recognize the importance of achieving representation of all who practice surgery.
- The College encourages consideration of women and other underrepresented minorities.
All nominations must include the following:
- A letter of recommendation
- A personal statement from the candidate detailing ACS service (for President-Elect position only)
- A current curriculum vitae
- The name of one individual who can serve as a reference
In addition, nominating entities, such as surgical special societies, ACS advisory councils, and ACS chapters, must provide a description of their selection process and the total list of applicants reviewed. Any attempt to contact members of the NCF by a candidate or on behalf of a candidate will be viewed negatively and may result in disqualification. Applications submitted without the requested information will not be considered.
The deadline for submitting nominations is February 27. Submit nominations to email@example.com. If you have questions, contact Betty Sanders, staff liaison for the NCF, at 312-202-5360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.