The American College of Surgeons (ACS), in association with Pfizer, Inc., will accept nominations for the 2015 Surgical Volunteerism and Humanitarian Awards from January 1 to February 28. These awards, which celebrate humanitarian outreach, hold high esteem among ACS members. The stories shared by these surgical volunteers and humanitarians have inspired generations of practitioners.
Qualified nominees may apply for the following awards:
- In recognition of the contributions of an ACS Fellow’s exemplary surgical volunteer work domestically
- In recognition of the contributions of an ACS Fellow’s exemplary surgical volunteer work internationally
- Exemplary volunteerism in the setting of military service
- For a resident member of the ACS who has made exemplary contributions in the course of surgical training
- For a Fellow whose surgical career has been characterized by humanitarian service
More details on how to access the application site and the nomination process will be published in the January issue of the Bulletin, in the ACS weekly e-newsletter, NewsScope, and on the ACS website, www.facs.org. Direct questions to Connie Bura at firstname.lastname@example.org.