The College’s initiatives to address the challenges of 2020, including the coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic and Medicare reimbursement cuts, as well as efforts to promote and ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion in all ACS-related activities, are summarized.
More in Departments
- Pediatric surgeons and gastroenterologists collaborate with outpatient community services to streamline outpatient gastrostomy tube placement
- Prophylactic hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in gastric cancer
- NCDB trends in young women with metastatic breast cancer diagnosis since screening guideline changes were instituted
- We need to talk: Study highlights effort to overcome language barriers in surgical patient care
J. Wayne Meredith, MD, FACS, MCCM, underscored the importance of embracing diversity as a sustainable approach to moving the surgical profession forward in his Presidential Address at Clinical Congress 2020.
More in Features
- ACS Resident and Associate Society: Diversity, equity, and inclusion in surgical patient care
- Introduction: Diversity, equity, and inclusion: The House of Surgery needs work
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion: Leveling the playing field for surgical patients
- Glass ceilings and sticky floors: Examining diversity and inclusion in the surgical workforce
Julie A. Freischlag, MD, FACS, FRCSEd(Hon), DFSVS, Dean, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, has been elected to serve as the 2020–2021 President-Elect of the American College of Surgeons (ACS). An esteemed vascular surgeon, Dr. Freischlag also is chief executive officer (CEO), Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem. Dr. Freischlag and the […]
More in News