Dr. Hoyt summarizes the findings of a recent Ballast Research report that identifies the ACS as one of the most effective advocacy organizations in Washington, DC.
More in Columns
Dr. Burrell’s work in providing surgical care for African-American patients at the turn of the 20th century is described as is the evolution of the Black Hospital Movement.
More in Features
- New ACS-led verification program aims to improve care for rural surgical patients
- Michigan hospital participates in first pilot site visit for new ACS rural surgery verification program
- The evolution of lung cancer surgery contributes to the sharpest drop in overall cancer mortality in the U.S.
- ACS COT participates in study to develop comparative data on trauma care organization
The ACS is publishing a twice-weekly Bulletin: ACS COVID-19 Updates designed to keep the membership informed and updated on best practices.
More in News
- SSR helps surgeons track outcomes for reporting purposes
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Simple manometric index for comprehensive esophagogastric junction barrier competency against gastroesophageal reflux
- Call for nominations for Dr. Mary Edwards Walker Inspiring Women in Surgery Award
- CoC announces 2019 Outstanding Achievement Award recipients
The ACS Division of Education and the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics at the University of Chicago, IL, are offering fellowships in surgical ethics.
More in Scholarships