Dr. Hoyt provides an update on ACS diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism initiatives including a virtual summit that convened the House of Surgery in June to discuss the provision of equitable and value-based care, the work of the Board of Governors Diversity Pillar, and the hiring of the new ACS Director of Diversity
More in Departments
Climate change’s role in expanding existing racial and economic disparities in health care are described as is the surgeon’s role in leading sustainability efforts in the operating room.
More in Features
- Lessons from COVID-19: Why adaptation is needed for surgical climate readiness
- Surgeon asked colleagues why they chose the profession: Giants of the era responded
- Tips for turning a strategic plan into active advocacy
- Profiles in ACS leadership: A few questions for Steven D. Wexner, MD, FACS, FRCSEng, FRCSEd, FRCSI(Hon), FRCSGlasg(Hon)
Dr. Britt, Past-President of the ACS, will receive the ACS Lifetime Achievement Award at Convocation, during the virtual Clinical Congress 2021 meeting.
More in News
- Dr. David P. Winchester to receive Distinguished Service Award
- ACS “Talk It Up” campaign helps surgeons speak with patients about COVID-19 vaccination
- ACS joins call for COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all health care workers
- Joint statement in support of COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all workers in health and long-term care