Statement in support of motorcycle helmet laws(Comments Off)
The following statement in support of motorcycle helmet laws was originally developed by the Subcommittee on Injury Prevention and Control of the ACS Committee on Trauma. The ACS Board of Regents approved this updated statement at its February 6–7 meeting.
The following statement was developed by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Health Policy and Advocacy Group and was approved by the ACS Board of Regents at its February 2015 meeting. As health care plans create incentives to improve quality and reduce costs, many entities have started using physician-tiering protocols directing patients to choose certain […]
The following statement on medical liability reform was developed by the ACS Legislative Committee and was approved by the Board of Regents at its October 2014 meeting.
The following statement on trauma center designation was developed by the ACS Committee on Trauma’s Trauma Systems Evaluation and Planning Committee and was approved by the Board of Regents.
The following statement on bicycle safety was developed by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma and was approved by the Board of Regents.
More in this category
- Statement on intimate partner violence
- Statement on older adult falls and falls prevention
- Statement on peak performance and management of fatigue
- Statement on the effects of tobacco use on surgical complications and the utility of smoking cessation counseling
- Statement on advance directives by patients: “Do Not Resuscitate” in the operating room
- Statement on optimal access
- Statement on firearm injuries
- Statement on concussion and brain injury
- Statement on Council of Medical Specialty Societies’ Code for Interactions with Companies