The International Relations Committee of ACS has announced the availability of one traveling fellowship to each of the following countries in 2016: Australia and New Zealand, Germany, and Japan.
Catherine J. Hunter, MD, a pediatric general surgeon from Chicago, IL, was recently selected to receive the 2014 Claude H. Organ, Jr., MD, FACS, Traveling Fellowship of the ACS.
Anees B. Chagpar, MD, MPH, FACS, director of the Breast Center-Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale University, New Haven, CT, reports on her experiences as the 2013 Claude H. Organ, Jr., Traveling Fellow of the ACS.
The ACS is offering two-year faculty research fellowships for surgeons entering academic careers in surgery or a surgical specialty, including a newly established Thomas R. Russell, MD, FACS, Faculty Research Fellowship.
As the 2014 ACS Traveling Fellow to Japan, John T. Mullen, MD, FACS, offers details about his personal and scientific interactions with Japanese colleagues.
More in this category
- 2014 Australia-New Zealand, Japan, and German Exchange Travelers announced
- Applications for Resident Research Scholarships due September 2
- ACS/ANZ Traveling Scholar reports on trip to Singapore and Australia
- Resident Research Scholarship change
- First Carlos Pellegrini Traveling Fellow reports on experience
- 2014 Oweida Scholar announced
- Clowes Award offered to promising surgical investigator
- Inaugural Murray F. Brennan, MD, FACS, International Guest Scholar provides report
- 2013 International Surgical Education Scholar reports on experience in North America
- 2014 Health Policy Scholars announced
- Apply by July 1 for 2015 ACS Community Surgeon Travel Awards
- July 1 deadline to apply for 2015 International Guest Scholarships
- ACS Faculty Research Fellowships awarded to five surgeons
- Regents award six Resident Research Scholarships for 2014
- Applications being accepted for the ACS Traveling Fellowship to Japan for 2015