Frank Cole Spencer, MD, FACS, a Past-President of the American College of Surgeons died July 23 at the age of 92.
Jay L. Grosfeld, MD, FACS, a pediatric surgery and Past First Vice-President of the ACS, died October 19, 2016.
Barrett George Haik, MD, FACS, director of the Hamilton Eye Institute, died unexpectedly July 22 at the age of 64.
John Earle “Jack” Connolly, MD, FACS, Past-Second Vice-President and Vice-Chair of the Board of Regents of the ACS died on January 20 at 92 years old.
Obituaries have always been somewhat challenging to me. An individual is born, lives his life to the fullest, and then dies. And so it was with Isidore Cohn, Jr., MD, FACS, who died October 14, 2015, at age 94. However, in Dr. Cohn’s case, living life to the fullest was an incredible adventure that had […]
More in this category
- Dedication: This issue of the Bulletin is dedicated to Chuck Giorno
- In memoriam: Dr. Thomas Krizek, leader in plastic surgery
- In memoriam: Dr. Norman McSwain, a pioneer in comprehensive trauma care
- James Haug, Past-Director, ACS Socioeconomic Affairs Department, dies
- Dr. Judson Graves Randolph, pediatric surgeon, leaves lasting legacy
- In memoriam: Dr. Lloyd MacLean, ACS Past-President and “The Chief” at McGill
- In memoriam: Renowned trauma surgeon and former COT Chair, Erwin Thal, MD, FACS
- In memoriam: Thomas R. Russell, MD, FACS, remembered for his enduring contributions to the ACS
- C. Barber Mueller, MD, FACS, FRCSC, recognized for contributions to the ACS and academic surgery
- Frank T. Padberg, Sr., MD, FACS: ACS department director, DSA recipient, and trailblazer in neurosurgery
- Dr. M. Gage Ochsner, co-founder of Ochsner Institute, dies at age 59
- George F. Sheldon, MD, FACS: A lifetime of achievement as a scholar, surgical educator
- John Mann Beal, MD, FACS, remembered as caring surgeon, educator, and advocate for the surgical profession
- C. Everett Koop, MD, FACS, former U.S. Surgeon General, renowned pediatric surgeon, and public health advocate
- Leading trauma surgeon Eric R. Frykberg, MD, FACS, dies at age 62