In memoriam: Dr. John Connolly, pioneering cardiothoracic surgeon(Comments Off on In memoriam: Dr. John Connolly, pioneering cardiothoracic surgeon)
John Earle “Jack” Connolly, MD, FACS, Past-Second Vice-President and Vice-Chair of the Board of Regents of the ACS died on January 20 at 92 years old.
Obituaries have always been somewhat challenging to me. An individual is born, lives his life to the fullest, and then dies. And so it was with Isidore Cohn, Jr., MD, FACS, who died October 14, 2015, at age 94. However, in Dr. Cohn’s case, living life to the fullest was an incredible adventure that had […]
Members and staff of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) mourn the passing of Chuck Giorno, our dear friend and event photographer since 1975.
Thomas J. Krizek, MD, MA, FACS, who played a major rule in the development of American plastic surgery, died at his home in Whittier, NC, at age 83.
Norman E. McSwain, Jr., MD, FACS—an internationally recognized leader in trauma care—died July 28 in his New Orleans, LA, home at 78 years old.
More in this category
- James Haug, Past-Director, ACS Socioeconomic Affairs Department, dies
- Dr. Judson Graves Randolph, pediatric surgeon, leaves lasting legacy
- In memoriam: Dr. Lloyd MacLean, ACS Past-President and “The Chief” at McGill
- In memoriam: Renowned trauma surgeon and former COT Chair, Erwin Thal, MD, FACS
- In memoriam: Thomas R. Russell, MD, FACS, remembered for his enduring contributions to the ACS
- C. Barber Mueller, MD, FACS, FRCSC, recognized for contributions to the ACS and academic surgery
- Frank T. Padberg, Sr., MD, FACS: ACS department director, DSA recipient, and trailblazer in neurosurgery
- Dr. M. Gage Ochsner, co-founder of Ochsner Institute, dies at age 59
- George F. Sheldon, MD, FACS: A lifetime of achievement as a scholar, surgical educator
- John Mann Beal, MD, FACS, remembered as caring surgeon, educator, and advocate for the surgical profession
- C. Everett Koop, MD, FACS, former U.S. Surgeon General, renowned pediatric surgeon, and public health advocate
- Leading trauma surgeon Eric R. Frykberg, MD, FACS, dies at age 62
- John P. “Jack” Lynch, former Director of the ACS Organization Department
- Joseph E. Murray, MD, FACS, opened doors for transplant surgeons
- In memoriam: William H. Muller, Jr., ACS Past-President, surgical leader, innovator, researcher