Mark C. Weissler, MD, FACS, was elected Chair of the Board of Regents of the American College of Surgeonsat the 2014 Clinical Congress.
The 2015 Nominating Committee of the Board of Governors will select nominees for pending vacancies on the Board of Regents that will need to be filled during the 2015 Clinical Congress.
The 2015 Nominating Committee of the Fellows will select nominees for the three Officer-Elect positions of the ACS: President-Elect, First Vice-President-Elect, and Second Vice-President-Elect.
The third annual International Humanitarian Aid Skills Course, February 7–8, will review common conditions encountered in resource-limited environments.
The ACS, in association with Pfizer, Inc., is accepting nominations for the 2015 Surgical Volunteerism Award and Surgical Humanitarian Award.
More in this category
- ACS Clinical Scholars in Residence Program: Celebrating 10 years of training surgeons
- ACS honors Gary L. Timmerman, MD, FACS, with Appreciation Award for service
- YFA announces 2014–2015 Chair, Governing Council
- Peter N. Bretan, Jr., MD, FACS, receives AMA Benjamin Rush Award
- J. David Richardson, MD, FACS, next President-Elect of the ACS
- Submit 2015 ACS Surgical Volunteerism and Humanitarian Award nominations, January 1–February 28
- Regents reelected and new Board of Governors Executive Committee installed
- ACS presents Lifetime Achievement Award posthumously to Dr. Russell
- ACS hosts Inspiring Quality Forum in Utah
- ACS loans ancient Irish deer antlers to Art Institute of Chicago exhibit
- ACS in the News
- Andrew L. Warshaw, MD, FACS, FRCSEd(Hon), installed as 95th President of the ACS
- Six outstanding surgeons conferred Honorary Fellowship in the ACS
- Citation for Prof. Pierre-Alain Clavien, MD, PhD, FACS, FRCSEng, FRCSEd
- Citation for Prof. Alberto Raul Ferreres, MD, PhD, MPH, FACS