Ronald V. Maier, MD, FACS, is 2017−2018 President-Elect(Comments Off on Ronald V. Maier, MD, FACS, is 2017−2018 President-Elect)
Ronald V. Maier, MD, FACS, was elected President-Elect of the ACS during the Annual Business Meeting of Members at Clinical Congress 2017; two Vice-Presidents-elect also were elected at the meeting.
New ACS Regents were elected and new Board of Governors’ Executive Committee members were installed during the Annual Business Meeting of Members.
The ACS, in association with Pfizer, Inc., is accepting nominations for the 2018 Surgical Volunteerism Award and Surgical Humanitarian Award.
An update on ACSPA-SurgeonsPAC fundraising and disbursement activities is provided.
The three options for surgeons who participate in Medicare Part B are summarized, as are the steps for achieving participating in this program.
More in this category
- Making quality stick: Optimal Resources for Surgical Quality and Safety: The SQSC and credentialing and privileging processes ensure sustainability of standards
- Call for nominations for the ACS Board of Regents and ACS Officers-Elect
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Burnout and stress among U.S. surgery residents: Psychological distress and resilience
- Richard J. Finley, MD, FACS, FRCSC, to receive Distinguished Service Award
- Surgeons honored for volunteerism and humanitarianism
- ACS releases quality and safety manual
- Official notice: Annual Business Meeting of Members, American College of Surgeons
- Dr. Jo Buyske to serve as next ABS executive director
- OGB convenes informational meetings at Clinical Congress 2017
- Dr. Britt awarded NIH grant to develop strategies to address health care disparities
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Combination of oral antibiotics and mechanical bowel preparation reduces surgical site infection in colorectal surgery
- Members in the news
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, June 2017
- Register for ACS TQIP Conference November 11−13 in Chicago
- Dr. Timothy Chuter receives 2017 ACS Jacobson Innovation Award