Eileen Metzger Bulger, MD, FACS, is new Chair of the ACS Committee on Trauma(Comments Off on Eileen Metzger Bulger, MD, FACS, is new Chair of the ACS Committee on Trauma)
Eileen Metzger Bulger, MD, FACS, who was appointed the next ACS Committee on Trauma Chair in October 2017, begins serving in this role in March.
The background and course design of an Advanced Trauma Life Support demonstration program in Kandahar, Afghanistan is described.
This report summarizes the topics addressed by the College’s delegation to the American Medical Association House of Delegates meeting in November 2017.
Making quality stick: Optimal Resources for Surgical Quality and Safety: Using data analytics to improve patient care
This excerpt from Optimal Resources for Surgical Quality and Safety summarizes the essential role of registries in providing clinically relevant data necessary to improve patient care.
Registration is open for the 12h annual ACS Residents as Teachers and Leaders Course, April 13−15 at the College’s headquarters in Chicago, IL.
More in this category
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: One thousand pediatric liver transplants during thirty years: Lessons learned
- TQIP annual meeting shares best practices, advances in trauma care
- Leigh A. Neumayer, MD, MS, FACS, elected Chair of ACS Board of Regents
- Register now to participate in 2018 Leadership & Advocacy Summit
- Application deadline extended for ACS and MacLean Center fellowships in surgical ethics
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Empowering postsurgical patients to improve opioid disposal: A before-and-after quality improvement study
- Disciplinary actions taken in 2017
- Making quality stick: Optimal Resources for Surgical Quality and Safety: Individual disciplines working together in an increasingly regulated environment
- ACS in the News
- Call for nominations for the ACS Board of Regents and ACS Officers-Elect
- Stand out in 2018—update your ACS member profile
- Nominations for 2018 volunteerism and humanitarian awards due February 28
- ACS Clinical Scholars in Residence benefit from access to outcomes measures and mentors
- ACSPA-SurgeonsPAC year-end update
- ACS NSQIP honors 66 hospitals for meritorious outcomes for surgical patient care