In memoriam: Denton A. Cooley, MD, FACS, a fierce competitor(Comments Off on In memoriam: Denton A. Cooley, MD, FACS, a fierce competitor)
Denton A. Cooley, MD, FACS, a cardiothoracic surgeon and Past-Governor of the American College of Surgeons, passed away November 18, 2016.
The ACS has compiled several resources to support surgeons and residents who are experiencing periods of distress.
The qualifications for ACS Fellowship and the steps necessary to apply are described in this news brief.
Lawmakers on Capitol Hill participated in bleeding control simulations during a congressional briefing hosted by the ACS Committee on Trauma.
This news brief highlights a JACS article that examines public perceptions of overlapping surgery.
More in this category
- Children’s Surgery Verification program officially under way
- ACS launches AHRQ Safety Program for ERAS
- ACS NSQIP conference gets new name, expanded focus
- Register for 2017 ACS Residents as Teachers and Leaders Course
- ACS Surgeons as Leaders Course Set for April 30
- 22 cancer care facilities receive biannual CoC Outstanding Achievement Award
- Coming next month in JACS, and online now: Distal cholangiocarcinoma and pancreas cancer
- Post-election health policy takes center stage at AMA HOD meeting
- TQIP annual meeting continues to advance quality trauma care
- Initiating a surgical society within the ACS: The renewed Excelsior Surgical Society
- Register now to participate in ACS Leadership & Advocacy Summit 2017
- Coming next month in JACS, and online now: Quality measures and accreditation of breast centers
- Disciplinary actions taken in 2016
- Nominations for 2017 volunteerism and humanitarian awards due February 28
- Michael J. Zinner, MD, FACS, elected Chair of ACS Board of Regents