College hits its stride in social media usage(Comments Off)
An update on the College’s social media usage and the ACS Communities, is provided in this news article.
A panel of regional health care experts discussed the state of health care in Northern California and discussed examples of state and national quality improvement initiatives that have resulted in higher standards, reduced costs, and better outcomes.
Readmissions in the first 30 days after surgery were associated with new post-discharge complications related to the surgical procedure, according to a recent study, and not to a worsening or mismanagement of conditions the patient already had while hospitalized for surgery.
The ACS Surgeons as Leaders: From Operating Room to Boardroom course will take place June 7–10 at ACS headquarters in Chicago, IL.
The ACS Comprehensive General Surgery Review Course, July 30–August 2 in Chicago, IL, is an intensive three-and-a-half-day review course covering essential content areas in general surgery.
More in this category
- Dr. Sachdeva delivers Bruce E. Spivey, MD, lecture at AAO meeting
- TTP Program positions still available for 2015–2016 academic year
- Girma Tefera, MD, FACS, joins ACS staff as OGB Medical Director
- M. Margaret Knudson, MD, FACS, new Medical Director of MHSSPACS
- Murray F. Brennan, MD, FACS, named Knight Grand Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit
- NAPBC to co-host best practices session at NCBC Breast Conference
- 55 hospitals represented at first semi-annual ISQIC meeting
- Disciplinary actions taken
- Registration now open for 2015 Leadership & Advocacy Summit
- Study examines effects of duty-hour reforms on surgical patients
- Jacobson Promising Investigator Award deadline extended to March 27
- ACS in the News
- Mark C. Weissler, MD, FACS, elected Chair, Board of Regents
- Call for nominations for the American College of Surgeons Board of Regents