The College is focusing legislative efforts on growing administrative burdens and the delays in medically necessary care associated with excessive prior authorization requirements.
2019 Leadership & Advocacy Summit: Ascending
to the C-suite and identifying health policy priorities
This article summarizes the highlights of the annual Leadership & Advocacy Summit in Washington, DC.
The efforts of surgeon-advocates in educating policymakers on key issues at the annual Advocacy Summit in Washington, DC, are outlined.
Details regarding THRIVE: Transforming Health Care Results by Investing in Value and Excellence, a result of a collaboration between the American College of Surgeons and the Harvard Business School are provided.
Nominations for the inaugural RAS-ACS Outstanding Mentor of the Year Award are now being accepted.
More in this category
- ACS SHG announces Archives Fellowship recipient
- ACS leaders describe programs to support colon-rectal surgeons
- ACS task force and FSC offer online case scenario on IPV
- Dr. Sachdeva receives honors for surgical education
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Firearm legislation stringency and firearm-related fatalities among children in the United States
- ACS in the News
- Coming next month in JACS and online now
- SSC Women’s Committee hosts third annual leadership event
- Check your inbox twice a week for My ACS NewsScope
- Register for 2019 ACS Quality and Safety Conference
- Stop the Bleed featured in The New Yorker
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Transferred emergency general surgery patients are at increased risk of death: A NSQIP propensity score-matched analysis
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, February 2019
- ACS COT hosts inaugural Medical Summit on Firearm Injury Prevention
- Call for nominations for 2019 Dr. Mary Edwards Walker Inspiring Women in Surgery Award