For his contributions to the ACS, trauma care, and the field of surgery, J. Wayne Meredith, MD, FACS, has been selected to receive this year’s Distinguished Service Award during the Convocation ceremonies at the 2014 Clinical Congress in San Francisco, CA.
Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI) participated in a tour of the trauma division and burn center at Rhode Island Hospital in Providence on August 29, and joined a press conference there with William Cioffi, Jr., MD, FACS, where they discussed recently enacted trauma legislation and trauma bills pending before Congress.
The need to preserve MICRA in California is essential to ensure the integrity of caps on noneconomic damages in other states and to ensure ongoing access to the millions of new patients who have health insurance coverage through Covered California, the state’s health insurance exchange.
The ACS 2014 Clinical Congress will feature a Didactic Course titled Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Review: Essentials for Surgical Specialties, which will address fundamentals common across the surgical specialties.
This news brief highlights how attendees at Clinical Congress 2014 can fulfill new Maintenance of Certification Part 2 requirements and claim continuing medical education and Self-Assessment credits.
More in this category
- Register now for 2014 Outcomes Research Course, December 4–6, in Chicago, IL
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities: June 2014
- Fellows honored for volunteerism
- Official notice: Annual Business Meeting of Members, American College of Surgeons
- Headstone honoring Ernest A. Codman, MD, FACS, placed at Mount Auburn Cemetery
- Surgeons influence AMA policy
- ACS, Iowa health care leaders at IQ Forum focus on rural surgery
- Board of Governors pillars improve productivity, communication: An update
- Apply for ACS Fellowship and take the next big step in your career
- ACS in the News
- Robin T. Cotton, MD, FACS, FRCSC, receives 2014 ACS Jacobson Innovation Award
- ACS commemorates 50-year anniversary of Surgeon General’s report on smoking and health
- Members in the news
- Outstanding Achievement Award granted to 74 CoC facilities