Fellows honored for volunteerism(Comments Off)
The Board of Governors’ Surgical Volunteerism and Humanitarian Awards Workgroup has announced the recipients of the 2014 American College of Surgeons (ACS)/Pfizer Surgical Humanitarian Award and Surgical Volunteerism Awards.
The Annual Business Meeting of members of the ACS will take place at the 2014 Clinical Congress on Wednesday, October 29, at the Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA.
Leaders of the American College of Surgeons and several other medical organizations gathered July 22 to place a memorial headstone at the previously unmarked interment site of Ernest Amory Codman, MD, FACS.
The annual meeting of the American Medical Association (AMA) House of Delegates took place June 7–11 in Chicago, IL. More than 800 delegates as well as alternate delegates converged on the Windy City to consider and adopt policy for the AMA.
The College hosted the ACS Surgical Health Care Quality Forum Iowa, June 27, in Des Moines—the 19th stop in a series of national discussions on how quality improvement efforts enhance surgical patient safety and reduce costs.
More in this category
- Board of Governors pillars improve productivity, communication: An update
- Apply for ACS Fellowship and take the next big step in your career
- ACS in the News
- Robin T. Cotton, MD, FACS, FRCSC, receives 2014 ACS Jacobson Innovation Award
- ACS commemorates 50-year anniversary of Surgeon General’s report on smoking and health
- Members in the news
- Outstanding Achievement Award granted to 74 CoC facilities
- Dr. Ko appointed to NQF Surgery Standing Committee
- Dr. Sachdeva elected vice-president of the Society for Academic Continuing Medical Education
- ACS Women in Surgery Committee issues call for mentees: July 31 deadline
- 2014 Leadership program: Emotional intelligence, mentoring are keys to effective performance
- 2014 Advocacy program: Attendees learn about traditions that influence legislative outcomes
- Drs. Frank Opelka and Patrick Bailey join ACS leadership team
- Drs. Warshaw and Shah accorded RCSEd Honorary Fellowships