In memoriam: Thomas E. Starzl, MD, PhD, FACS, organ transplantation pioneer(Comments Off on In memoriam: Thomas E. Starzl, MD, PhD, FACS, organ transplantation pioneer)
Thomas E. Starzl, MD, PhD, FACS, a trailblazing transplant surgeon, died March 4 at age 90.
The Coalition for Quality in Geriatric Surgery launched its alpha pilot phase in January to determine reviewer feedback on its hospital-level surgical care standards for older adults.
The ACS Evidence-Based Decisions in Surgery modules provide surgeons with peer-review recommendations and new patient education information for use at the point of care.
Coming next month in JACS and online now: Twenty-year experience with aorto-enteric fistula repair: Gastrointestinal complications predict mortality
This news brief highlights a JACS article indicating that approximately half of aorto-enteric fistula repair patients die within 60 days during a 20-year period.
The ACS Board of Regents approved new officers of the ACS Foundation Board of Directors at the Regents’ February meeting in Chicago, IL.
More in this category
- Dr. Henri Ford accorded honorary fellowship in RCSEng
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Personal and professional well-being of surgical residents in New England
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, February 2017
- In memoriam: Denton A. Cooley, MD, FACS, a fierce competitor
- Access new surgeon and resident well-being resources
- Associate Fellows: Apply now for ACS Fellowship
- Capitol Hill lawmakers participate in bleeding control simulations
- Coming next month in JACS, and online now: Public perceptions of overlapping surgery
- Children’s Surgery Verification program officially under way
- ACS launches AHRQ Safety Program for ERAS
- ACS NSQIP conference gets new name, expanded focus
- Register for 2017 ACS Residents as Teachers and Leaders Course
- ACS Surgeons as Leaders Course Set for April 30
- 22 cancer care facilities receive biannual CoC Outstanding Achievement Award
- Coming next month in JACS, and online now: Distal cholangiocarcinoma and pancreas cancer