Barbara Lee Bass, MD, FACS, is 2016−2017 ACS President-Elect(Comments Off on Barbara Lee Bass, MD, FACS, is 2016−2017 ACS President-Elect)
Barbara Lee Bass, MD, FACS, was elected President-Elect of the ACS during the Annual Business Meeting of Members; two Vice-Presidents-elect were also elected at the meeting.
New ACS Regents were elected and new Board of Governors’ Executive Committee members were installed during the Annual Business Meeting of Members.
The ACS, in association with Pfizer, Inc., is accepting nominations for the 2017 Surgical Volunteerism Award and Surgical Humanitarian Award.
The 2017 Nominating Committee of the Board of Governors will select nominees for pending vacancies on the Board of Regents, and the 2017 Nominating Committee of the Fellows will select nominees for Officer-Elect positions.
Coming in January in JACS, and online now: American College of Surgeons and Surgical Infection Society: Surgical Site Infection Guidelines, 2016 Update
This news brief highlights a JACS article on updated surgical site infection guidelines.
More in this category
- ACS Communities begins third year
- Three ACS Fellows elected, two inducted to National Academy of Medicine
- Members in the news
- Drs. Pellegrini and Sachdeva receive prestigious surgical awards
- Bulletin moves online for most readers beginning with January 2017 issue
- Courtney M. Townsend, Jr., MD, FACS, installed as 97th President of the ACS
- Inaugural Mary Edwards Walker Award presented to Dr. Maniscalco-Theberge
- Five outstanding surgeons conferred Honorary Fellowship in the ACS
- Citation for Prof. Hernando Abaúnza Orjuela, MD, FACS, MACC(Hon)
- Citation for Prof. Jacques Belghiti, MD, PhD
- Citation for Prof. S. Adibul Hasan Rizvi, MB, BS, FRCSEng, FRCSEd
- Citation for Prof. Sachiyo Suita, MD, PhD
- Citation for Prof. John F. Thompson, AO, MD, FACS, FRACS, FAHMS
- The ACS leads efforts to improve quality of care for older surgical patients
- New history of ACS Bulletin reflects history of the College