Most hospitals participating in the ACS National Surgical Quality Improvement Program improve surgical outcomes over time, and improvement continues with each year that hospitals participate in the program, according to a study recently published in the Annals of Surgery.
Fabrizio Michelassi, MD, FACS, Chair of the ACS Board of Governors, was awarded the Castle Connolly 2015 National Physician of the Year Award for Clinical Excellence on March 23.
The Leadership Group of the newly formed Military Health System Strategic Partnership American College of Surgeons held its inaugural meeting March 31 at the College’s headquarters in Chicago.
This report details the disciplinary actions the ACS Board of Regents took at its February 6–7, 2015 meeting.
This report details the recent activities, initiatives, and business matters of both the American College of Surgeons Professional Association and of the ACS as of February 2015.
More in this category
- 75 cancer care facilities receive ACS CoC Outstanding Achievement Award
- ACS in the News
- ACS Surgical History Group accepting poster abstracts until May 29
- College hits its stride in social media usage
- Health care leaders participate in ACS Quality Forum in Sacramento, CA
- Study: Readmissions due to post-discharge complications
- Apply now for ACS Surgeons as Leaders course in June
- ACS Comprehensive General Surgery Review Course starts July 30
- Chapter news
- Dr. Sachdeva delivers Bruce E. Spivey, MD, lecture at AAO meeting
- TTP Program positions still available for 2015–2016 academic year
- Girma Tefera, MD, FACS, joins ACS staff as OGB Medical Director
- M. Margaret Knudson, MD, FACS, new Medical Director of MHSSPACS
- Murray F. Brennan, MD, FACS, named Knight Grand Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit