In memoriam: Barrett G. Haik, MD, FACS(Comments Off on In memoriam: Barrett G. Haik, MD, FACS)
Barrett George Haik, MD, FACS, director of the Hamilton Eye Institute, died unexpectedly July 22 at the age of 64.
Mary H. McGrath, MD, MPH, FACS, will receive the 2016 Distinguished Philanthropist Award from the ACS Foundation Board of Directors at Clinical Congress 2016, in Washington, DC.
More than 1,500 individuals who work in hospital quality improvement programs participated in the ACS National Surgical Quality Improvement Program 2016 Annual Conference, July 16–19, in San Diego, CA.
Ethics Committee Town Hall on industry representatives in the OR highlights issues outlined in ACS statement
This news brief summarizes the Clinical Congress 2015 Town Hall meeting, which addressed the role of industry representatives in patient care, including in the operating room.
Ajit K. Sachdeva, MD, FACS, FRCSC, Director of the ACS Division of Education, was installed earlier this year as president of the Society for Academic Continuing Medical Education.
More in this category
- National Medical Association honors Dr. Turner with Service Award
- Associate Fellows: Apply now for ACS Fellowship
- ACS joins effort to increase colorectal screening rates to 80 percent by 2018
- Apply now for 2017 ACS-UW Surgical Education Research Fellowship
- Coming in November in JACS, and online now: Development and Evaluation of the American College of Surgeons NSQIP Pediatric Surgical Risk Calculator
- National Surgical Patient Safety Summit participants stress teamwork, communication, and standards
- Chapter news
- Frank G. Opelka, MD, FACS, chosen as 2016 Distinguished Service Award recipient
- Official notice: Annual Business Meeting of Members, American College of Surgeons
- Fellows honored for volunteerism and humanitarianism
- Advancing the surgical agenda: AMA House of Delegates
- Is There a Surgeon in the House?
- Register for ACS TQIP Conference, November 5−7 in Orlando, FL
- Coming in October in JACS, and online now
- Accredited bariatric surgery centers have fewer postoperative complications