J. David Richardson, MD, FACS, was elected President-Elect of the ACS during the Annual Business Meeting of Members. In addition, the First and Second Vice-Presidents-Elect were elected, along with a new ACS Treasurer and Secretary.
The ACS, in association with Pfizer, Inc., is accepting nominations for the 2015 Surgical Volunteerism Award and Surgical Humanitarian Award.
Several ACS Regents were reelected and new Governors were installed during the Annual Business Meeting of Members at the 2014 Clinical Congress.
The ACS Lifetime Achievement Award was presented posthumously to Thomas R. Russell, MD, FACS, former Executive Director of the College, during the Convocation ceremonies at the 2014 Clinical Congress.
On October 3, a panel of regional health care experts discussed best practices for improving patient care and reducing costs during the ACS Surgical Health Care Quality Forum Mountain Region at the Utah State Capitol in Salt Lake City.
More in this category
- ACS loans ancient Irish deer antlers to Art Institute of Chicago exhibit
- Chapter news
- ACS in the News
- Andrew L. Warshaw, MD, FACS, FRCSEd(Hon), installed as 95th President of the ACS
- Six outstanding surgeons conferred Honorary Fellowship in the ACS
- Citation for Prof. Pierre-Alain Clavien, MD, PhD, FACS, FRCSEng, FRCSEd
- Citation for Prof. Alberto Raul Ferreres, MD, PhD, MPH, FACS
- Citation for Prof. O. James Garden, BSc, MB, BCh, CBE, MD, FRCSGlas, FRCPEd, FRSE
- Citation for Prof. Toni Lerut, MD, PhD, MPH, FACS
- Citation for Prof. Chung-Mau Lo, MB, BS, FACS
- Citation for Prof. Edgar Rodas, MD, FACS
- 2014 National Conference: ACS NSQIP celebrates 10th anniversary of improving patient outcomes
- Members in the news
- J. Wayne Meredith, MD, FACS, chosen as 2014 Distinguished Service Award recipient
- In memoriam: Thomas R. Russell, MD, FACS, remembered for his enduring contributions to the ACS