Barbara Lee Bass, MD, FACS, FRCS(Hon), installed as 98th ACS President(Comments Off on Barbara Lee Bass, MD, FACS, FRCS(Hon), installed as 98th ACS President)
Barbara Lee Bass, MD, FACS, FRCS(Hon) was installed as ACS President, and Charles D. Mabry, MD, FACS, and Basil Pruitt, Jr., were installed as First and Second Vice-President, respectively, at Clinical Congress 2017.
The Mary Edwards Walker Inspiring Women in Surgery Award was presented to SreyRam Kuy, MD, MHS, FACS, at Clinical Congress 2017 in San Diego, CA.
Honorary Fellowship in the ACS was awarded to 10 prominent surgeons from around the world during Convocation ceremonies that preceded the official opening of Clinical Congress 2017.
Prof. Patrick J. Broe, MCh, FRCSI, FRCSEd(Hon), is presented for Honorary Fellowship in the ACS by A. Brent Eastman, MD, FACS, FRCSI(Hon), FRCSEd(Hon).
Prof. Miguel A. Cainzos, MD, PhD, FACS, is presented for Honorary Fellowship in the ACS by Mark Malangoni, MD, FACS.
More in this category
- Citation for Prof. Francisco J. F. Castro Sousa, MD, FACS
- Citation for Prof. Renzo Dionigi, MD, FACS, FRCSEd(Hon), ASA(Hon)
- Citation for Prof. Juan Hepp, MD, FACS
- Citation for Prof. Valerie J. Lund, CBE, MB, BS, FRCS, FRCSEd
- Citation for Prof. Masatoshi Makuuchi, MD, PhD
- Citation for Prof. Clare L. Marx, CBE, DL, MB, BS, FRCS
- Citation for Prof. Orgoi Sergelen, MD, PhD, FACS
- Citation for Prof. Fu-Chan Wei, MD
- Call for nominations for the ACS Board of Regents and ACS Officers-Elect
- ACS accepting 2018 Jacobson Promising Investigator Award applications
- Making quality stick: Optimal Resources for Surgical Quality and Safety: The SQO and review processes: Keys to staying on track
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Responding to crisis: Surgeons as leaders in disaster response
- Associate Fellows: Apply now for ACS Fellowship
- Inaugural ACS Quality and Safety Conference: Achieving quality across the continuum of care
- Making quality stick: Optimal Resources for Quality and Safety