Frank G. Opelka, MD, FACS, chosen as 2016 Distinguished Service Award recipient(Comments Off on Frank G. Opelka, MD, FACS, chosen as 2016 Distinguished Service Award recipient)
Frank G. Opelka, MD, FACS, Medical Director, Quality and Health Policy, ACS Division of Advocacy and Health Policy, Washington, DC, has been selected to receive the 2016 Distinguished Service Award.
In accordance with Article I, Section 6, of the Bylaws, the Annual Business Meeting of Members of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) is called for 4:15 pm the afternoon of Wednesday, October 19, 2016, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC. This session constitutes the Annual Business Meeting of Members, at which […]
The Board of Governors’ Surgical Volunteerism and Humanitarian Awards Workgroup has announced the recipients of the 2016 ACS/Pfizer Surgical Humanitarian Award and Surgical Volunteerism Awards.
This report summarizes the topics addressed by the College’s delegation at the American Medical Association’s House of Delegates meeting in June.
Dr. Pories’ cartoon compendium, Is There a Surgeon in the House?, is available for $12.95 plus shipping and handling on amazon.com.
More in this category
- Register for ACS TQIP Conference, November 5−7 in Orlando, FL
- Coming in October in JACS, and online now
- Accredited bariatric surgery centers have fewer postoperative complications
- Submit abstracts by November 2 for Annual ACS Surgical Simulation Meeting
- Japan Board of Surgery now recognizes ATOM as a credential for board certification
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, June 2016
- Dr. Louis Argenta receives 2016 Jacobson Innovation Award
- Dr. Chad Rubin remembered as exceptional surgeon and consummate volunteer
- AMA HOD approves ACS-sponsored resolution on mass casualty bleeding control
- ACS-AEI Postgraduate Course focuses on simulation in surgical education
- Board of Governors pillars at work: An update
- Chapter news
- Coming in September in JACS, and online now: National survey of burnout among U.S. general surgery residents
- 2016 Leadership Summit focuses on conflict resolution, cultural dexterity, and strategic thinking
- Version 2.0 of MBSAQIP standards to take effect in October