Andrew L. Warshaw, MD, FACS, FRCSEd(Hon) was installed as ACS President and Jay L. Grosfeld, MD, FACS, FRCSEng(Hon), FRCSI(Hon), FRCPS(Hon), and Kenneth L. Mattox, MD, FACS, were installed as Vice-Presidents at the 2014 Clinical Congress.
Honorary Fellowship in the ACS was awarded to six prominent surgeons from Switzerland, Scotland, Hong Kong SAR China, Argentina, Belgium, and Ecuador during Convocation ceremonies that preceded the official opening of 2014 Clinical Congress in San Francisco, CA.
Prof. Pierre-Alain Clavien of Zurich, Switzerland, is presented for Honorary Fellowship in the ACS by Steven M. Strasberg, MD, FACS.
Prof. Alberto Raul Ferreres of Buenos Aires, Argentina, is presented for Honorary Fellowship in the ACS by E. Christopher Ellison, MD, FACS.
Prof. O. James Garden of Edinburgh, Scotland, is presented for Honorary Fellowship in the ACS by L.D. Britt, MD, MPH, FACS, FCCM, FRCSEng(Hon), FRCSEd(Hon), FWACS(Hon), FRCSI(Hon), FCS(SA)(Hon), FRCS(Glasg)(Hon).
More in this category
- Citation for Prof. Toni Lerut, MD, PhD, MPH, FACS
- Citation for Prof. Chung-Mau Lo, MB, BS, FACS
- Citation for Prof. Edgar Rodas, MD, FACS
- 2014 National Conference: ACS NSQIP celebrates 10th anniversary of improving patient outcomes
- Members in the news
- J. Wayne Meredith, MD, FACS, chosen as 2014 Distinguished Service Award recipient
- In memoriam: Thomas R. Russell, MD, FACS, remembered for his enduring contributions to the ACS
- ACS-supported trauma legislation discussed at press conference
- Preserving MICRA and patient access to surgical care in California
- MOC review course offered at Clinical Congress
- New CME information for 2014 Clinical Congress attendees
- Register now for 2014 Outcomes Research Course, December 4–6, in Chicago, IL
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities: June 2014
- Chapter news – October 2014
- Fellows honored for volunteerism