Courtney M. Townsend, Jr., MD, FACS, next ACS President-Elect(Comments Off on Courtney M. Townsend, Jr., MD, FACS, next ACS President-Elect)
Courtney M. Townsend, Jr., MD, FACS, was elected President-Elect of the ACS during the Annual Business Meeting of Members; two Vice-Presidents-elect were also elected at the meeting.
Several ACS Regents were elected and reelected, and new Board of Governors’ Executive Committee members were installed during the Annual Business Meeting of Members.
The ACS, in association with Pfizer, Inc., is accepting nominations for the 2016 for the Surgical Volunteerism Award and Surgical Humanitarian Award.
Lenworth M. Jacobs, Jr., MD, MPH, FACS, ACS Regent and Chairman of the Hartford Consensus, was among the featured speakers October 6 at a “Stop the Bleed” event at the White House.
Thomas J. Krizek, MD, MA, FACS, who played a major rule in the development of American plastic surgery, died at his home in Whittier, NC, at age 83.
More in this category
- Robert Hope succeeds Felix Niespodziewanski as Director of ACS Convention and Meetings
- Call for nominations for the ACS Board of Regents
- Call for nominations for ACS Officers-Elect
- Dr. Julie Ann Freischlag elected to National Academy of Medicine
- Dr. Haile Debas examines future of global surgery in JAMA
- Surgical Outcomes Club installs officers at October annual meeting
- Dr. Eric Whitacre appointed co-chair of NQF MAP Clinician Workgroup
- Chapter news
- ACS in the news
- J. David Richardson, MD, FACS, installed as President of the ACS
- Six outstanding surgeons conferred Honorary Fellowship in the ACS
- Citation for Prof. Emmanuel Quaye Archampong, MB, BS, FRCSEd, FRCSEng
- Citation for Prof. William B. Coman, MD, MB, BS, FACS, FRCSEd, FRCSEng, FRACS
- Citation for Prof. Mahesh R. Desai, MB, BS, MS, FRCSEd, FRCSEng
- Citation for Prof. Abraham Fingerhut, MD, FACS, FRCSP(g), FRCSEng