A summary of 2020 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule and Outpatient Prospective Payment System/Ambulatory Surgery Center proposed rule policies that could affect physician payment is provided.
Phillip Burns, MD, FACS, a leader in the advancement of general surgery and a pioneer in training surgical residents, has been selected to receive this year’s Distinguished Service Award, the College’s highest honor.
The Annual Business Meeting of Members of the ACS will take place at Clinical Congress 2019 on Wednesday, October 30, at the Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA.
LaSalle D. Leffall Jr., MD, FACS—the first African American to serve as President of the ACS—died May 25 of cancer.
The 10th annual Trauma Quality Improvement Program Scientific Meeting and Training will take place November 16−18, in Dallas, TX.
More in this category
- AMA House of Delegates completes annual policymaking duties
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Who hurts more? A multicenter prospective study of in-hospital opioid use in pediatric trauma patients in the Midwest
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, June 2019
- Dateline DC—Federal legislative priorities require surgeon advocate action
- Dr. Henry Buchwald receives the 2019 ACS Jacobson Innovation Award
- In memoriam: Donald D. Trunkey, MD, FACS, a giant in trauma surgery
- Brandeis EMBA for Physicians offers scholarship for ACS Fellows
- Get involved with JACS
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Patient satisfaction and pain control using an opioid-sparing postoperative pathway
- RAS-ACS announces inaugural Outstanding Mentor of the Year Award
- Residents: Prepare to take your ACS membership to the next level
- Chapter news
- Dateline DC—Congress proposes transparency and oversight of prior authorization
- 2019 Leadership & Advocacy Summit: Ascending
to the C-suite and identifying health policy priorities
- Grassroots advocacy demonstrated at Advocacy Summit