Richard J. Finley, MD, FACS, FRCSC, to receive Distinguished Service Award(Comments Off on Richard J. Finley, MD, FACS, FRCSC, to receive Distinguished Service Award)
Richard J. Finley, MD, FACS, FRCSC, a general thoracic surgeon, has been selected to receive this year’s Distinguished Service Award, the College’s highest honor.
The Board of Governors’ Surgical Volunteerism and Humanitarian Awards Workgroup has announced the recipients of the 2017 ACS/Pfizer Surgical Humanitarian Award and Surgical Volunteerism Awards.
The Optimal Resources for Surgical Quality and Safety manual, which introduces key concepts in quality, safety, and reliability, is intended for surgeon leaders seeking to improve patient care.
The Annual Business Meeting of Members of the ACS will take place at Clinical Congress 2017 on Wednesday, October 25, at the San Diego Convention Center, CA.
Jo Buyske, MD, FACS, has been elected as the next executive director of the American Board of Surgery.
More in this category
- OGB convenes informational meetings at Clinical Congress 2017
- Dr. Britt awarded NIH grant to develop strategies to address health care disparities
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Combination of oral antibiotics and mechanical bowel preparation reduces surgical site infection in colorectal surgery
- Members in the news
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, June 2017
- Register for ACS TQIP Conference November 11−13 in Chicago
- Dr. Timothy Chuter receives 2017 ACS Jacobson Innovation Award
- 2017 Leadership Summit: Leading from behind, building resiliency, and strengthening nontechnical skills
- Key ACS issues, including health care reform, dominate 2017 Advocacy Summit
- ACS delegation influences AMA policy at HOD meeting
- Residents, prepare to take your ACS membership to the next level
- Chapter news
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Oncologic safety of nipple-sparing mastectomy in women with breast cancer
- Register for ACS Course on Simulation-Based Surgical Education and Training
- Inaugural Chapter Officer Leadership Program promotes best practices for effective chapter management