Valerie W. Rusch, MD, FACS, a thoracic surgeon in New York, NY, has been selected to receive this year’s Distinguished Service Award, the College’s highest honor.
The Annual Business Meeting of Members of the ACS will take place at Clinical Congress 2018 on Wednesday, October 24, at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, MA.
The Board of Governors’ Surgical Volunteerism and Humanitarian Awards Workgroup has announced the recipients of the 2018 ACS/Pfizer Surgical Humanitarian Award and Surgical Volunteerism Awards.
The ninth annual Trauma Quality Improvement Program Scientific Meeting and Training will take place November 16−18, in Anaheim, CA.
The ACS hosted a briefing on Capitol Hill this summer, which focused on the role of military-civilian trauma partnerships in maintaining trauma care readiness.
More in this category
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, June 2018
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Surgical comanagement by hospitalists in colorectal surgery
- AMA House of Delegates meeting: Setting policy for organized medicine
- Dr. Steven Rosenberg receives the 2018 ACS Jacobson Innovation Award
- House passes ACS priority bills before starting in-district work period
- 2018 Leadership & Advocacy Summit focuses on strategic thinking and key health policy issues
- ACS Leadership & Advocacy Summit: A resident’s perspective
- Coming next month in JACS and online now: Creating individual surgeon performance assessments in a statewide hospital surgical quality improvement collaborative
- Residents, prepare to take your ACS membership to the next level
- CoC grants Outstanding Achievement Award to 16 cancer care facilities
- Chapter news
- NAPRC awards first accreditation to John Muir Health Rectal Cancer Program
- Dateline: DC—July 2018
- Information every surgeon should know about the ACSPA-SurgeonsPAC