A profile of Girma Tefera, MD, FACS, the new Medical Director for Operation Giving Back, is the focus of this news brief.
M. Margaret (Peggy) Knudson, MD, FACS—the new Medical Director of the Military Health System Strategic Partnership American College of Surgeons—is profiled.
For his service to medicine, Sir Murray F. Brennan, MD, FACS, was named a Knight Grand Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit on January 1.
The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and the National Consortium of Breast Centers will cohost a best practices session following the Annual Interdisciplinary Breast Cancer Conference, in Las Vegas, NV, next month.
The first semi-annual meeting of the Illinois Surgical Quality Improvement Collaborative convened in January.
More in this category
- In memoriam: Renowned trauma surgeon and former COT Chair, Erwin Thal, MD, FACS
- Chapter news
- Disciplinary actions taken
- Registration now open for 2015 Leadership & Advocacy Summit
- Study examines effects of duty-hour reforms on surgical patients
- Jacobson Promising Investigator Award deadline extended to March 27
- ACS in the News
- Mark C. Weissler, MD, FACS, elected Chair, Board of Regents
- Call for nominations for the American College of Surgeons Board of Regents
- Call for nominations for ACS Officers-Elect
- Register for Global Humanitarian Surgery Course, February 7–8
- Nominations for 2015 volunteerism and humanitarian awards due February 27
- ACS Clinical Scholars in Residence Program: Celebrating 10 years of training surgeons
- ACS honors Gary L. Timmerman, MD, FACS, with Appreciation Award for service