The 2018 Medicare physician fee schedule: An overview of provisions that will affect surgical practices(Comments Off on The 2018 Medicare physician fee schedule: An overview of provisions that will affect surgical practices)
This article summarizes provisions in the 2018 Medicare physician fee schedule final rule that are relevant to general surgery and its related specialties.
Changes to Current Procedural Terminology codes and an overview of related reporting information are described.
The theme of the 2017 RAS-ACS annual Communications Committee essay contest was Be True to the Profession; Be True to Yourself.
Robert A. Swendiman, MD, MPP, the 2017 RAS Communications Committee essay winner, describes how taking time to heal after the loss of a child led him to struggle with the decision to put his personal life first.
This Clinical Congress 2017 wrap-up summarizes key events at the annual meeting, including the Convocation Ceremony, Named Lectures, and award winners and honorees.
More in this category
- ACS Officers, Regents, and Board of Governors’ Executive Committee
- Presidential Address: The joy and privilege of a surgical career
- ACS leaders visit Cuba, discover opportunities for collaboration
- Blockchain technology in health care: A primer for surgeons
- 2017 state legislative year in review and a look toward 2018
- Executive Director’s annual report: 2016–2017: A year of transformational growth
- Should your health care system invest in an ambulatory surgery center? A decision-making framework
- Frank R. Lewis, Jr., MD, FACS: 15 years of visionary leadership at the American Board of Surgery
- A history of health information technology and the future of interoperability
- Nursing workforce in surgery and trauma care delivery: A global call to action
- RAS-ACS Symposium essays: Residents debate the future of leadership in surgery
- Reframing surgical leadership in 2017: Surgeon-scientist or surgeon-advocate? Surgeon-scientist
- Reframing surgical leadership in 2017: Surgeon-scientist or surgeon-advocate? Surgeon-advocate
- The COT’s consensus-based approach to firearm injury: An introduction
- Violence intervention programs: A primer for developing a comprehensive program for trauma centers