ACS advocates on behalf of trauma patients: An update(Comments Off)
This article examines injury prevention and trauma-related issues considered in state legislatures and by the AMA HOD over the last year.
The averted CMS policy that would have transitioned 10- and 90-day global payment codes to 0-day codes is summarized in this article, as is the legislation that will revise global payments in the coming years and the ACS’ advocacy-related role concerning these issues.
Dr. Mayne’s surgical career and philanthropic leadership are highlighted in this article.
Dr. Beverley Ketel: Surgeon who brought transplant surgery to Peoria, IL, reflects on a fulfilling career
A profile of Beverly L. Ketel, MD, FACS, who organized one of the first transplantation donor donation programs in the Midwest, highlights her success as woman surgeon and provides a brief overview of the history of transplantation.
In this introduction to the annual RAS-ACS issue, the author describes five key concepts for defining individual and professional success.
More in this category
- Talking the talk: The keys to effective workplace communication
- The RAS-ACS: Recruiting medical students and training future leaders
- Teaching in the OR: New lessons for training surgical residents
- Feedback fundamentals in surgical education: Tips for success
- Political advocacy in surgery: The case for individual engagement
- Surgeons and social media: Threat to professionalism or an essential part of contemporary surgical practice?
- No quality without access: ACS and NIH collaborate to ensure access to optimal care
- What’s next? The future of Medicare physician payment in the post-SGR era
- The American Board of Surgery Maintenance of Certification Program: The first 10 years
- The Hartford Consensus III: Implementation of Bleeding Control
- Profiles in surgical research: Dorry L. Segev, MD, PhD, FACS
- Clinical Congress 2015 Preliminary Program
- Global Surgery 2030: An introduction
- Global Surgery 2030: Evidence and solutions for achieving health, welfare, and economic development: Executive Summary of The Lancet Commission on Global Surgery Report
- The Distinguished Philanthropist Award: Celebrating a legacy of exceptional giving