Face forward: Transplant surgeon overcomes challenges with teamwork and technology(Comments Off on Face forward: Transplant surgeon overcomes challenges with teamwork and technology)
Dr. Rodriguez and a team of more than 100 health care professionals established new standards of care after completing the most extensive facial transplant to date.
Generations of practicing surgeons are profiled in this article, including descendants of the original founders of the College.
This article describes the ACS CoC’s role in advocating for quality cancer care and provides an update on key issues including raising the smoking age, coverage parity for oral chemotherapy, and regulating tanning bed use.
The findings of the 2015 ACS Governors Survey, specifically the benefits and challenges associated with the EHR, are summarized.
This article describes the EHR Incentive Program and meaningful use requirements, including the challenges related to complying with these programs as well as the benefits such as enhanced quality of patient care.
More in this category
- The Hartford Consensus IV: A Call for Increased National Resilience
- Applying advocacy skills: Gaining influence from the statehouse to Capitol Hill
- Optimal in-home postoperative care made possible through new Patient Feeding Tube Home Skills Kit
- Report from the Past-Chair of the Board of Regents: Impressions on the relevance of a professional organization
- Empowerment over charity: How surgeons turned Armenia’s tragedy into an opportunity
- Leading without a title
- Not your father’s ACS: The view from the Chair of the YFA
- Not your father’s ACS: The view from the Chair of the RAS-ACS
- Provisions in the 2016 Medicare physician fee schedule that will affect surgical practice: An overview
- 2016 CPT coding changes and their effects
- Highlights of Clinical Congress 2015
- The 2015 RAS-ACS annual Communications Committee essay contest: An introduction
- First-place essay: The things I carry
- Board of Regents