Strategies for sustainability: Going green in the OR(Comments Off)
Effective green OR strategies reduce operating cost, eliminate waste, and improve environmental sustainability. This article highlights practical solutions for promoting the kind of culture change necessary to achieve long-lasting green OR initiatives.
This article describes the PreOp program—a preclinical surgical exposure initiative—and how it successfully offers increased surgical exposure to first-year medical students by providing preliminary data from an ongoing longitudinal study of this program.
Key features of a successful corneal transplant system in underserved countries are highlighted in this article, including the private-public partnership model that can be useful in offsetting costs, building surgical capacity, and establishing the infrastructure to support an eye bank.
The ACS Foundation’s Annual Report 2014 outlines notable Foundation activities for the past year, including the support of scholarship funds, fellowships, and other philanthropic initiatives.
This article explores the growing demand for health care data and introduces readers to the concept of “big data” and its implications for surgical practice.
More in this category
- State legislatures get back to work
- The Lancet Commission on Global Surgery makes progress in first year of work: An update
- Profiles in surgical research: Michael T. Longaker, MD, MBA, FACS
- ACS and ASE develop Simulation-Based Surgical Skills Curriculum for medical students
- Surgeons can avoid PQRS and value-based modifier payment penalties
- Welcome to the 114th Congress: The implications for surgery
- New resources from the College offer alternative approaches to medical liability reform
- Report from the Past-Chair of the Board of Regents: Fostering innovation at the ACS through strategic planning
- To Bangalore and back: Resident leads software design effort at Indian heart hospital
- Managing burnout: Seek outside help and foster a true work-life balance
- Members in the news
- Highlights of the 2014 Clinical Congress
- The disruptive physician: Addressing the issues
- Patient loss: Surgeons describe how they cope
- AMA House of Delegates takes action on spectrum of issues