From Transition to Practice to Mastery in General Surgery(Comments Off on From Transition to Practice to Mastery in General Surgery)
The evolution of the TTP Program to the new ACS Mastery in General Surgery Program is described, along with the experiences of three accredited institutions.
Previous ACS Clinical Scholars describe how the program affected their career path and why this program continues to result in improved patient outcomes and safer patient care.
This article from the ACS Committee on Trauma is an introduction to the feature on gun violence and firearm policy in the U.S.
An overview of the distribution and determinants of gun-related violence in the U.S. is summarized as are firearm-related policy and legislative initiatives.
Can communication proficiency mitigate moral distress among surgeons? A case study and call to action
Moral distress and its potential effects on patient care are described using a case study in which an inexperienced resident must deliver difficult news without mentoring from the attending.
More in this category
- 2017 ACS Governors Survey: The increasing role of APPs in providing surgical care
- Clinical Congress 2018 Preliminary Program
- Achieving zero preventable deaths: A model of a military-civilian medical training partnership
- ATLS 10th edition offers new insights into managing trauma patients
- Scaling-up surgical care in rural Haiti
- 2017 ACS Governors Survey: Ergonomic injuries and their prevention
- ACS trauma agenda advances on Capitol Hill
- Cross-cutting health: Global surgery, obstetrics, anesthesia, and the World Health Organization
- Countries and colleges collaborate to improve access in Oceania and Southeast Asia
- The Royal Colleges of Surgeons in the U.K. and Ireland: A common vision for global surgery
- COSECSA collaborates to address surgical shortages in sub-Saharan Africa
- WFSA describes its vision for implementation of WHA 68.15
- Obstetrics and gynecology in global health: Lessons learned for advancing public health to achieve universal health care
- West African College of Surgeons and its role in global surgery
- ACS: Global engagement for the care of the surgical patient