Using global surgical indicators to improve trauma care in Latin America(Comments Off on Using global surgical indicators to improve trauma care in Latin America)
This article describes how Latin American trauma program development may be improved by LCoGS indicator measurement and summarizes strategies for data collection and analysis to enhance global surgical care.
UM Ryder Trauma Center’s ongoing efforts to assist in the development of sustainable global trauma systems is the focus of this article, particularly the facility’s training program for Israeli trauma surgeons.
This article outlines the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) components, explains reporting requirements for individuals and groups, and summarizes the transition to MIPS in 2017.
The future of trauma care on Capitol Hill: Implementing military-civilian trauma care and establishing a national trauma system
The role of the NASEM report in developing trauma-focused legislation, specifically policy related to military-civilian partnerships, are described.
2016 ACS International Governors Survey: Membership benefits and challenges for International Fellows are revealed in first-time study
The ACS Board of Governors conducted its first survey of International Governors in 2016 to assess the needs of International Fellows and the global surgery community.
More in this category
- Evolving insights for preventing surgeon errors: Balancing professionalism and cognition with knowledge and skill
- Patient-reported outcomes in surgery: Listening to patients improves quality of care
- Value-based health care: How to succeed in a bundled care APM
- Introduction: Olga M. Jonasson, MD, Lecture
- The journey: Becoming a neurosurgeon and back again
- Dream to become: Dr. Canady inspires an aspiring surgeon
- How do we improve patient safety? A look at the issues and an interview with Dr. Britt
- Conversation with Dr. Britt
- Above and beyond: A primer for young surgeons interested in global surgery
- The art of the deposition: Teaching residents about medical liability
- The 2017 Medicare physician fee schedule: An overview of provisions that will affect surgical practice
- 2017 CPT coding changes
- Profiles in surgical research: Mary T. Hawn, MD, MPH, FACS
- The 2016 RAS-ACS annual Communications Committee essay contest: An introduction
- First-place essay: Paying it forward: When the mentee becomes the mentor