Empowerment over charity: How surgeons turned Armenia’s tragedy into an opportunity(Comments Off on Empowerment over charity: How surgeons turned Armenia’s tragedy into an opportunity)
This article describes U.S. health care providers’ response to an Armenian earthquake in the 1980s and the long-term benefits of training native physicians in resource-poor areas.
Strategies for leadership development and physician engagement are summarized in this article, including three key traits of effective leaders: conviction, communication, and collaboration.
This article highlights the College’s efforts to be more inclusive of young surgeons in its educational programming and among its leadership ranks and summarizes future goals of the YFA.
The mission and future goals of the RAS-ACS’ four standing committees—Education, Issues & Advocacy, Membership, and Communication—are outlined in this article.
Provisions in the 2016 Medicare physician fee schedule that will affect surgical practice: An overview
This article summarizes the Medicare physician fee schedule provisions that will affect reimbursement for surgeons in 2016.
More in this category
- 2016 CPT coding changes and their effects
- Highlights of Clinical Congress 2015
- The 2015 RAS-ACS annual Communications Committee essay contest: An introduction
- First-place essay: The things I carry
- Board of Regents
- Board of Governors’ Executive Committee
- Disciplinary actions taken
- Presidential Address: Challenges for the second century
- When silicone medical devices were under attack: A regulatory leviathan
- Bariatric surgery, liability, and trauma: Key issues debated in state legislatures
- Dr. Timothy Miller: A career in service to military, patients, veterans
- Executive Director’s annual report
- Surgeons help with recovery after earthquake in Nepal
- #ILookLikeASurgeon goes viral: How it happened