The efforts leading up to the repeal of the sustainable growth rate payment formula are described in this article as are the payment mechanisms available under the Medicare Access and CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program) Reauthorization Act, including a new Merit-based Incentive Payment System.
The history of the American Board of Surgery Maintenance of Certification program is summarized in this article, as are current requirements and the future direction of the program, particularly in light of evolving best practices and new standards.
The Hartford Consensus III report describes the three levels of responders to intentional mass-casualty or active shooter events with an emphasis on immediate responders, providing guidelines for bleeding control programs and public education.
The latest installment in a series highlighting prominent ACS surgeon-scientists is an interview with Dorry L. Segev, MD, PhD, FACS, a transplant surgeon at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD.
The Clinical Congress Preliminary Program offers an overview of Panel Sessions, Postgraduate Courses, Named Lectures, Meet-the-Expert Luncheons, and other information related to Clinical Congress 2015, October 4-8, in Chicago, IL.
More in this category
- Global Surgery 2030: An introduction
- Global Surgery 2030: Evidence and solutions for achieving health, welfare, and economic development: Executive Summary of The Lancet Commission on Global Surgery Report
- The Distinguished Philanthropist Award: Celebrating a legacy of exceptional giving
- Brandeis University Heller Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management provides an education on the business side of surgery
- Surgeons uncover the keys to life by performing classical music
- Strategies for sustainability: Going green in the OR
- PreOp program: Can we achieve a “trickle-up” effect?
- Surgeons develop visionary plan to bring corneal transplants to developing countries
- American College of Surgeons Foundation: An Enduring Legacy, Annual Report 2014
- Big promise and big challenges for big health care data
- State legislatures get back to work
- The Lancet Commission on Global Surgery makes progress in first year of work: An update
- Profiles in surgical research: Michael T. Longaker, MD, MBA, FACS
- ACS and ASE develop Simulation-Based Surgical Skills Curriculum for medical students
- Surgeons can avoid PQRS and value-based modifier payment penalties