Should your health care system invest in an ambulatory surgery center? A decision-making framework(Comments Off on Should your health care system invest in an ambulatory surgery center? A decision-making framework)
This article provides suggested guidelines for surgeon leaders and hospital executives who are considering building or buying an ambulatory surgery center and provides a framework for assessing the potential investment opportunity of these centers.
The career and accomplishments of Frank R. Lewis, Jr., MD, FACS, who recently completed a 15-year term as the executive director of the American Board of Surgery, are described, particularly his role in developing surgical education, training, and certification around the world.
The evolving role of health information technology is outlined, including the challenges associated with achieving interoperability and improved data exchange.
This article describes how expanding the nursing workforce can improve trauma care in Latin America.
The topic of this year’s Resident and Associate Society of the American College of Surgeons Symposium was Reframing Surgical Leadership in 2017: Surgeon-Scientist or Surgeon-Advocate? The following are the second place essays submitted on both sides of the debate.
More in this category
- Reframing surgical leadership in 2017: Surgeon-scientist or surgeon-advocate? Surgeon-scientist
- Reframing surgical leadership in 2017: Surgeon-scientist or surgeon-advocate? Surgeon-advocate
- The COT’s consensus-based approach to firearm injury: An introduction
- Violence intervention programs: A primer for developing a comprehensive program for trauma centers
- Survey of the American College of Surgeons Board of Governors on firearm injury prevention: Consensus and opportunities
- Trauma surgeon uses traveling fellowship to learn about HVIPs
- To protect and serve: The ethical dilemma of allowing police access to trauma patients
- ACS pushes forward on federal legislative priorities
- Using advocacy to advance ACS policy priorities for surgeons and their patients
- ACS Chapter Lobby Days Program: Surgeons work the halls of state capitols to advocate for the profession
- Acute care surgery’s role in expanding the surgical workforce in Latin America
- International volunteerism: Dr. Zalamea leads collaborative mission in the Philippines
- The Global Tracheostomy Collaborative: Multidisciplinary quality improvement in tracheostomy care
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, June 2017
- Surgeon stewardship of the opioid epidemic: An introduction