ACS pushes forward on federal legislative priorities(Comments Off on ACS pushes forward on federal legislative priorities)
ACS advocacy-related activities for the first half of 2017 are described, and updates on the CoC and Stop the Bleed initiatives are provided.
Describes how a bill becomes a law, the four congressional committees that have jurisdiction over most health care legislation, and how ACS DAHP tracks relevant legislation.
ACS Chapter Lobby Days Program: Surgeons work the halls of state capitols to advocate for the profession
The advocacy-related activities of several ACS chapters this year—many supported by the ACS Chapter Lobby Day Grant program—are summarized.
The link between LCoGS indicator 2 and acute care surgery education and training are outlined as is acute care surgery’s role in responding to World Health Assembly resolution 68.15.
Describes two collaborative international volunteerism programs that provide care to underserved patients in the Philippines.
More in this category
- The Global Tracheostomy Collaborative: Multidisciplinary quality improvement in tracheostomy care
- Report on ACSPA/ACS activities, June 2017
- Surgeon stewardship of the opioid epidemic: An introduction
- The general surgeon’s role in enhancing patient education about prescription opioids
- Postoperative opioid prescriptions: How surgeons can alleviate the opioid crisis
- Surgeons and the opioid epidemic: Treatment and education strategies for the practicing surgeon
- Surgical leadership is required to reverse the opioid crisis
- Preoperative communication promotes opioid stewardship
- Reframing surgical leadership in 2017: Surgeon-scientist or surgeon-advocate?
- Clinical Congress 2017 Preliminary Program
- The opioid epidemic: What can surgeons do about it?
- CoC Chair Dr. Shulman works to improve quality of cancer care
- Latin America Indicator Research Coalition examines prehospital care using a trauma systems application of LCoGS indicator 1
- Profiles in surgical research: Julie A. Freischlag, MD, FACS, FRCSEd(Hon)
- 2016 ACS Governors Survey: Issues affecting surgical practice