The 2017 Medicare physician fee schedule: An overview of provisions that will affect surgical practice(Comments Off on The 2017 Medicare physician fee schedule: An overview of provisions that will affect surgical practice)
This article summarizes provisions in the 2017 Medicare physician fee schedule final rule that are relevant to general surgery and its related specialties.
Changes to Current Procedural Terminology codes and an overview of related reporting information are described.
Mary T. Hawn, MD, MPH, FACS, a prolific health services researcher with a focus on complications in postoperative patients, is the latest surgeon-scientist to be spotlighted in this in this ongoing series.
The theme of the 2016 RAS-ACS annual Communications Committee essay contest was Paying It Forward: When the Mentee Becomes the Mentor.
Kevin Koo, MD, MPH, MPhil, the 2016 RAS Communications Committee essay winner, describes how his experiences as a student with strong mentors have shaped how he works with junior members of the operating team today.
More in this category
- Highlights of Clinical Congress 2016
- ACS Officers, Regents, and Board of Governors’ Executive Committee
- Presidential Address: Do what’s right for the patient: Franklin H. Martin and the American College of Surgeons
- Improving quality in geriatric surgery: A blueprint from the American College of Surgeons
- Using the ACS NSQIP Surgical Risk Calculator for surgical education and quality improvement
- The 2017 Inpatient Prospective Payment System: What it means for surgery
- 2016 state legislative year in review and a look ahead
- Women’s role in otolaryngologic medicine
- Executive Director’s annual report
- Orlando Regional Medical Center responds to Pulse nightclub shooting
- Surgical futility and patient-centered care: The effects of human nature in decision making
- Boston Marathon survivors find treatment, care, and solidarity among veterans
- ACS WiSC addresses ongoing challenges for women in surgery
- RAS-ACS Symposium essays: Residents debate the boundaries of surgeon disclosure
- Exploring the limits of surgeon disclosure: Where are the boundaries? First-place essay—Pro