What surgeons should know about…
Alternative Payment Models(Comments Off on Alternative Payment Models)
Summarizes the purpose of Alternative Payment Models (APMs) and the ACS-Brandeis Advanced (A-APM) proposal.
The nine common Medicare and Medicaid audits that could affect surgeons are summarized.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is collecting claims-based data on postoperative visits provided in the 10- and 90-day global period.
This column describes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ efforts to collect global surgical codes data from practitioners in nine states..
This month’s column provides an overview of ACS coding workshops, including benefits of attendance, topics covered, and registration information.
More in this category
- Understanding Medicare Part B incident to billing
- Meeting meaningful use requirements in 2016
- Medicaid program expansion
- The Physician Compare website
- Preparing for MACRA implementation
- The one-year grace period for correct use of ICD-10 codes
- Successfully navigating the transition to ICD-10 terminology
- Medicare and Medicaid audits
- The final rule on the Medicare Shared Savings Program
- Quality and Resource Use Reports
- The transition to ICD-10 before October 1 compliance deadline
- Expired and expiring ACA provisions
- The benefits of attending a 2015 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- The FY 2015 Inpatient Prospective Payment System final rule
- The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute