What surgeons should know about…
Health insurance audit processes, penalties, and appeals(Comments Off on Health insurance audit processes, penalties, and appeals)
The nine common Medicare and Medicaid audits that could affect surgeons are summarized.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is collecting claims-based data on postoperative visits provided in the 10- and 90-day global period.
This column describes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ efforts to collect global surgical codes data from practitioners in nine states..
This month’s column provides an overview of ACS coding workshops, including benefits of attendance, topics covered, and registration information.
This column describes incident to services, including Medicare requirements for billing and examples of how surgeons can successfully submit claims for these services.
More in this category
- Meeting meaningful use requirements in 2016
- Medicaid program expansion
- The Physician Compare website
- Preparing for MACRA implementation
- The one-year grace period for correct use of ICD-10 codes
- Successfully navigating the transition to ICD-10 terminology
- Medicare and Medicaid audits
- The final rule on the Medicare Shared Savings Program
- Quality and Resource Use Reports
- The transition to ICD-10 before October 1 compliance deadline
- Expired and expiring ACA provisions
- The benefits of attending a 2015 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- The FY 2015 Inpatient Prospective Payment System final rule
- The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
- Physician Payments Sunshine Act data scheduled for release