What surgeons should know about…
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute(Comments Off)
This column discusses the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute’s focus on patient-centered care, comparative effectiveness research, and research funding. It also provides information on how surgeons can get involved.
The Physician Payments Sunshine Act, also known as Open Payments, is addressed in this month’s column, along with the registration process, types of data included in the system, the review and dispute process, and recommendations from the College.
This column addresses questions providers may have regarding the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, (ICD-10) delay and offers resources for surgical practices to continue to prepare for the conversion.
This column discusses what surgeons need to know about the Electronic Health Records Incentive Program to avoid penalties in 2015 and provides other program updates.
Typically, nonphysician practitioners (NPPs) provide incident-to or shared services, while others serve as assistants during operations. This column answers payment questions surgeons may have regarding NPP services.
More in this category
- The Measure Applications Partnership
- PQRS reporting in 2014
- Repealing the SGR
- The benefits of attending a 2014 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- The Medicare EHR Incentive Program in 2014
- The Medicare EHR Incentive Program deadlines
- Using S-CAHPS
- Bundled payment
- The inpatient list
- Transitioning to ICD-10
- The benefits of attending an ACS Coding Workshop
- The Physician Compare website
- The importance of surgical workforce maps
- Choosing not to participate in the CMS incentive programs
- Medicare and Medicaid audits