What surgeons should know about…
Preparing for MACRA implementation(Comments Off on Preparing for MACRA implementation)
This column describes the reimbursement systems that will replace the sustainable growth rate formula and offers recommendations on how surgeons can prepare for the transition.
This column addresses how surgeons should make effective use of the one-year grace period for accurate ICD-10 coding.
New terminology associated with the expanded ICD-10 code set is defined in this month’s column.
This column provides an overview of seven common CMS audits that could affect physicians, and describes the penalties and appeals process for each.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) includes a provision for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to create the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP). This program would establish a payment structure for accountable care organizations (ACOs), which would be responsible for the quality, cost, and overall care of Medicare beneficiaries. CMS issued a final […]
More in this category
- Quality and Resource Use Reports
- The transition to ICD-10 before October 1 compliance deadline
- Expired and expiring ACA provisions
- The benefits of attending a 2015 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- The FY 2015 Inpatient Prospective Payment System final rule
- The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
- Physician Payments Sunshine Act data scheduled for release
- The ICD-10 delay
- Avoiding the 2015 Medicare EHR Incentive Program penalty
- Billing for services performed by nonphysician practitioners
- The Measure Applications Partnership
- PQRS reporting in 2014
- Repealing the SGR
- The benefits of attending a 2014 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- The Medicare EHR Incentive Program in 2014