What surgeons should know about…
Medicare and Medicaid audits(Comments Off on Medicare and Medicaid audits)
This column provides an overview of seven common CMS audits that could affect physicians, and describes the penalties and appeals process for each.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) includes a provision for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to create the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP). This program would establish a payment structure for accountable care organizations (ACOs), which would be responsible for the quality, cost, and overall care of Medicare beneficiaries. CMS issued a final […]
The purpose and methodology of Quality and Resource Use Reports are explained in this month’s column.
This month’s column summarizes changes reflected in the new code sets and highlights resources available to aid in the transition.
This month’s column summarizes provisions in the Affordable Care Act that have expired or are set to expire in the near future and offers guidelines for surgeons to advocate for extending key programs.
More in this category
- The benefits of attending a 2015 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- The FY 2015 Inpatient Prospective Payment System final rule
- The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
- Physician Payments Sunshine Act data scheduled for release
- The ICD-10 delay
- Avoiding the 2015 Medicare EHR Incentive Program penalty
- Billing for services performed by nonphysician practitioners
- The Measure Applications Partnership
- PQRS reporting in 2014
- Repealing the SGR
- The benefits of attending a 2014 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- The Medicare EHR Incentive Program in 2014
- The Medicare EHR Incentive Program deadlines
- Using S-CAHPS
- Bundled payment