What surgeons should know about…
Medicaid program expansion(Comments Off on Medicaid program expansion)
This column describes changes occurring in the Medicaid program that have the greatest impact on practicing surgeons and addresses the program expansion as it relates to coverage rates in the states.
This column describes new information available on the Physician Compare website this year, such as utilization data generated from Medicare Part B claims.
This column describes the reimbursement systems that will replace the sustainable growth rate formula and offers recommendations on how surgeons can prepare for the transition.
This column addresses how surgeons should make effective use of the one-year grace period for accurate ICD-10 coding.
New terminology associated with the expanded ICD-10 code set is defined in this month’s column.
More in this category
- Medicare and Medicaid audits
- The final rule on the Medicare Shared Savings Program
- Quality and Resource Use Reports
- The transition to ICD-10 before October 1 compliance deadline
- Expired and expiring ACA provisions
- The benefits of attending a 2015 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- The FY 2015 Inpatient Prospective Payment System final rule
- The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
- Physician Payments Sunshine Act data scheduled for release
- The ICD-10 delay
- Avoiding the 2015 Medicare EHR Incentive Program penalty
- Billing for services performed by nonphysician practitioners
- The Measure Applications Partnership
- PQRS reporting in 2014
- Repealing the SGR