For your patients
The results of a quality improvement initiative to reduce length of stay for arthroplasty patients at the Kaiser Westside Medical Center (KWMC), Hillsboro, OR, are summarized.
Modified FOLFIRINOX is superior to gemcitabine as adjuvant therapy for resected pancreatic cancer: The PRODIGE 24/CCTG PA6 Trial
The study design and findings of the PRODIGE 24/CCTG PA6 Trial are outlined, which showed improved survival with modified FOLFIRINOX for resected pancreatic cancer patients.
ERAS program improves outcomes in patients undergoing cytoreductive surgery and heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy
The Mayo Clinic in Arizona, Phoenix, implemented an enhanced recovery after surgery program for patients undergoing hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy, and the results and lessons learned are described.
The ALCHEMIST CHEMO-IO is a trial for patients with early-stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with the potential to change the way patients with resected NSCLC are treated.
This article compares demographic data of astrocytomas and glioblastomas patients documented in the NCDB, a hospital-based cancer registry, with cases in the Central Brain Tumor Registry of the U.S.
More in this category
- New protocol leads to improved trauma decannulation rate
- Could axillary reverse mapping be useful in reducing surgical comorbidities?
- Trauma at Thanksgiving
- Routine Foley catheter placement affects postoperative UTIs in bariatric surgery patients
- Evolution in the management of desmoid tumors: Challenging the role of upfront surgical resection
- Bloodshot: Ocular lacerations from gunshot wounds
- Enhanced recovery program benefits frail colon and rectal surgery patients
- Putting the needle before the knife: Minimally invasive approaches to diagnostic lymph node biopsy in melanoma
- Tawny trauma: Cirrhosis affects patient response to trauma
- Gastric cancer: Recent updates in surgical and multimodality therapy
- Under the influence: Alcohol-related trauma
- Organ preservation in rectal adenocarcinoma: The OPRA Trial
- Fall from grace: Balcony-related trauma
- Opportunities at Clinical Congress 2019 to increase surgeon participation in clinical research
- Bullet to the bean: Renal gunshot wounds