In this month’s column, Dr. Hoyt and his co-author describe the College’s strategies, including defining its Values and engaging in leadership skills assessments, to promote culture change in the organization and enhance the programs and services members need to thrive in today’s health care environment.
The benefits of exhibiting gratitude and humility in providing care to the surgical patient are described.
As Dr. Hoyt’s 10th year as ACS Executive Director concludes, he reflects on some of the College’s major achievements in 2019.
The traits of a caring physician, including setting patient expectations, are summarized.
The following comments were received regarding recent articles published in the Bulletin.
More in this category
- Looking forward – November 2019
- Moving the mark on harassment in surgical training
- Looking forward – October 2019
- Looking forward – September 2019
- Looking forward – August 2019
- Medical Student Program at Clinical Congress has lasting impact
- Looking forward – July 2019
- Looking forward – June 2019
- Chicago Committee on Trauma responds to intimate partner shootings
- Looking forward – May 2019
- Looking forward – April 2019
- The Italian surgeons who helped build international relationships
- Looking forward – March 2019
- Looking forward – February 2019
- Letters to the Editor