Coding and practice management corner
The correct use of modifiers 51 and 59 are explained, including case examples featuring clinical scenarios with correct coding.
An overview of ACS surgical coding workshops, including topics covered at the sessions and registration information, is provided.
This column identifies several frequently asked questions about coding for liver surgery and the correct coding responses.
An update on correct coding for breast procedures, including case examples, is provided.
Blunt trauma-related clinical scenarios are presented to test the reader’s coding knowledge.
More in this category
- Frequently asked questions about CPT coding
- Test your CPT coding knowledge for penetrating trauma
- ACS Surgical Coding Workshops help improve profit margins
- Unlisted procedures: Strategies for successful reimbursement
- Coding for dialysis circuit interventions
- Hernia repair and complex abdominal wall reconstruction
- Coding for nipple-sparing and skin-sparing mastectomies
- Modifier 25 under fire: Are you using it correctly?
- Early ICD-10 audits indicate a learning curve for general surgeons
- Coding and reimbursement for colonoscopy
- CMS eases restrictions imposed under the Two-Midnight Rule
- The benefits of attending a 2016 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- CMS creates new place of service code for outpatient care at hospitals
- The importance of detailed documentation in ICD-10
- ACS develops ICD-9 to ICD-10 crosswalk to assist in billing