Coding and practice management corner
Hernia repair and complex abdominal wall reconstruction(Comments Off on Hernia repair and complex abdominal wall reconstruction)
An update is provided on correct coding for hernia repair and complex abdominal wall reconstruction.
Correct coding reporting descriptions for skin- and nipple-sparing mastectomies are summarized in this month’s column.
Suggestions for avoiding overuse or misuse of modifier 25 to reduce the risk of an audit and repayment demand by payors are detailed in this month’s column.
This column discusses common problems with the transition to ICD-10 codes and solutions for correcting these issues.
Coding and reimbursement issues for colonoscopy procedures are the focus of this month’s column.
More in this category
- CMS eases restrictions imposed under the Two-Midnight Rule
- The benefits of attending a 2016 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- CMS creates new place of service code for outpatient care at hospitals
- The importance of detailed documentation in ICD-10
- ACS develops ICD-9 to ICD-10 crosswalk to assist in billing
- Frequently asked questions about coding for breast surgery
- Reporting patient safety indicator-15
- The Medicare program: Enrollment and participation options
- The complexities of coding bilateral procedures
- Update: PQRS reporting of the perioperative care measures group
- Coding for damage-control surgery
- Effectively using E/M codes for trauma care
- Documentation of services provided in the postoperative global period
- PQRS reporting in 2013
- Coding for hospital admission, consultations, and emergency department visits