Coding and practice management corner
Coding and reimbursement for colonoscopy(Comments Off on Coding and reimbursement for colonoscopy)
Coding and reimbursement issues for colonoscopy procedures are the focus of this month’s column.
A summary of the origin of the Two-Midnight Rule is provided in this month’s column, as are changes mandated by the 2016 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System final rule.
This month’s column provides an overview of ACS coding workshops, including benefits of attendance, topics covered, and registration information.
This month’s column summarizes the new place of service code and describes the differences between “on” and “off campus” when submitting professional claims.
Guidelines for transitioning to the 10th revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10), including information about clinical documentation implementation programs are provided in this month’s column.
More in this category
- ACS develops ICD-9 to ICD-10 crosswalk to assist in billing
- Frequently asked questions about coding for breast surgery
- Reporting patient safety indicator-15
- The Medicare program: Enrollment and participation options
- The complexities of coding bilateral procedures
- Update: PQRS reporting of the perioperative care measures group
- Coding for damage-control surgery
- Effectively using E/M codes for trauma care
- Documentation of services provided in the postoperative global period
- PQRS reporting in 2013
- Coding for hospital admission, consultations, and emergency department visits
- Coding for skin replacement surgery in 2012