Coding and practice management corner
Frequently asked questions about CPT coding(Comments Off on Frequently asked questions about CPT coding)
Frequently asked CPT coding questions—covering a range of procedures—and their correct responses are the focus of this month’s column.
This column describes several penetrating trauma clinical scenarios to test the reader’s CPT coding knowledge.
An overview of ACS coding workshops, including topics covered at the sessions and registration information, is provided in this column.
Reporting unlisted CPT codes, and fee-setting considerations for these codes, are the focus of this month’s column.
Information regarding nine new codes for reporting dialysis circuit interventions is provided.
More in this category
- Hernia repair and complex abdominal wall reconstruction
- Coding for nipple-sparing and skin-sparing mastectomies
- Modifier 25 under fire: Are you using it correctly?
- Early ICD-10 audits indicate a learning curve for general surgeons
- Coding and reimbursement for colonoscopy
- CMS eases restrictions imposed under the Two-Midnight Rule
- The benefits of attending a 2016 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- CMS creates new place of service code for outpatient care at hospitals
- The importance of detailed documentation in ICD-10
- ACS develops ICD-9 to ICD-10 crosswalk to assist in billing
- Frequently asked questions about coding for breast surgery
- Reporting patient safety indicator-15
- The Medicare program: Enrollment and participation options
- The complexities of coding bilateral procedures
- Update: PQRS reporting of the perioperative care measures group