Coding and practice management corner
ACS Surgical Coding Workshops help improve profit margins(Comments Off on ACS Surgical Coding Workshops help improve profit margins)
An overview of ACS coding workshops, including topics covered at the sessions and registration information, is provided in this column.
Reporting unlisted CPT codes, and fee-setting considerations for these codes, are the focus of this month’s column.
Information regarding nine new codes for reporting dialysis circuit interventions is provided.
An update is provided on correct coding for hernia repair and complex abdominal wall reconstruction.
Correct coding reporting descriptions for skin- and nipple-sparing mastectomies are summarized in this month’s column.
More in this category
- Modifier 25 under fire: Are you using it correctly?
- Early ICD-10 audits indicate a learning curve for general surgeons
- Coding and reimbursement for colonoscopy
- CMS eases restrictions imposed under the Two-Midnight Rule
- The benefits of attending a 2016 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- CMS creates new place of service code for outpatient care at hospitals
- The importance of detailed documentation in ICD-10
- ACS develops ICD-9 to ICD-10 crosswalk to assist in billing
- Frequently asked questions about coding for breast surgery
- Reporting patient safety indicator-15
- The Medicare program: Enrollment and participation options
- The complexities of coding bilateral procedures
- Update: PQRS reporting of the perioperative care measures group
- Coding for damage-control surgery
- Effectively using E/M codes for trauma care