ACS quality and safety case studies
This column outlines the results of a new tracheostomy decannulation protocol and lessons learned in developing the quality initiative at Christiana Hospital, Newark, DE.
This column outlines the results of a new protocol at Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island, NY, designed to reduce catheter-associated urinary tract infection rates.
This column describes the implementation of an enhanced recovery program for colon and rectal surgery patients at a not-for-profit, urban, tertiary care, Level I trauma center.
The efficacy of a pediatric cervical spine clearance pathway developed by Beaumont Children’s Hospital, Royal Oak, MI, is described.
Dedicated pre- and postoperative unit leads to fasttrack pathway for noncomplicated pediatric appendicitis
The results of implementing an enhanced recovery protocol for noncomplicated pediatric appendicitis at Levine Children’s Hospital, Charlotte, NC, are summarized.
More in this category
- ERABS leads to reduced opioid use among bariatric surgery patients
- UC Davis implements a clinical practice guideline for postoperative management of pediatric appendicitis
- A multidisciplinary approach reduces clostridium difficile infections in adult surgical patients
- Texas Children’s Hospital introduces standardized protocol to reduce pediatric baclofen pump infections
- Improving high-value care of ileocolic intussusception in a pediatric ED
- South Miami Hospital implements strategies for prevention of SSI in bariatric surgery