ACS Foundation insights
Prof. Mehmet Ali Haberal receives Distinguished Philanthropist Award(Comments Off on Prof. Mehmet Ali Haberal receives Distinguished Philanthropist Award)
The 2017 Distinguished Philanthropist Award will be presented to Mehmet Ali Haberal, MD, FACS(Hon), FICS(Hon), FASA(Hon), at Clinical Congress 2017 in San Diego, CA.
The important role of mentors and the contributions that ACS Fellows made to the ACS Foundation on National Doctors’ Day this year in honor of are described.
The value of mentorship as exemplified by the Claude H. Organ, Jr., MD, FACS, Traveling Fellowship; the Thomas R. Russell, MD, FACS, Faculty Research Fellowship; and the Olga M. Jonasson Lectureship is the focus of this month’s column.
The philanthropic interests of three new members of the ACS Foundation Board of Directors are described in this month’s column.
The accomplishments of three recipients of an ACS Faculty Research Fellowship or Resident Research Scholarship are the focus of this month’s column.
More in this category
- Amilu Stewart, MD, FACS: Silencing the skeptics
- Yeu-Tsu Margaret Lee, MD, FACS: A life of service
- Dr. and Mrs. LaSalle D. Leffall, Jr.: Paying it forward
- Dr. and Mrs. M. J. Jurkiewicz: A distinctive legacy of giving
- Dr. and Mrs. Kenyon are committed to giving back