ACS Clinical Research Program
ACS CRP Dissemination and Implementation Committee issues call for participants in pilot project(Comments Off on ACS CRP Dissemination and Implementation Committee issues call for participants in pilot project)
The mission of the Dissemination and Implementation Committee—to provide surgeons with practice-changing results of the Alliance and other national clinical trial groups—is summarized.
Decision aids to enhance conversations with minority males entering prostate cancer treatment are described.
Strategies for enhancing junior investigator participation in Alliance programs are highlighted.
This month’s column provides an update on the ALCHEMIST trials for patients with operable lung cancer, including the addition of a third arm to study, which permits the inclusion of patients without ALK or EGFR mutations.
A new approach for advanced gastric cancer: Using PET scans as a biomarker of preoperative chemotherapy efficacy
This month’s column describes how new technology may improve outcomes for patients diagnosed with gastric cancer, specifically the use of PET scans as a biomarker of preoperative chemotherapy efficacy.
More in this category
- Surgery versus monitoring and endocrine therapy for low-risk DCIS: The COMET Trial
- Second edition of Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery to be published in early 2017
- Improving rectal cancer outcomes through advocacy, education, and research: The OSTRiCh Consortium and the new NAPRC
- NRG GI002: Moving the needle toward TNT in locally advanced rectal cancer
- Why is surgeon qualification important for clinical trials, and how can it be achieved?
- Two studies pave the way for preoperative therapy in pancreatic cancer patients
- Diet and lifestyle can influence prostate cancer outcomes
- Studies address metabolic image-directed oncologic therapy for gastric cancer
- How successful is NST in increasing breast-conserving surgery rates in TNBC patients?
- Dissemination and implementation: Translating cancer guidelines and clinical trial outcomes into everyday practice
- Rectal cancer resection: Laparoscopic or open—which way forward?
- Prospective comparative effectiveness trial for malignant bowel obstruction: SWOG S1316
- Response to preoperative endocrine therapy in breast cancer patients can alter surgical and chemotherapy options
- Improving resection rates in borderline resectable pancreatic cancer: Pilot study shows favorable results
- Biomarker-driven adjuvant targeted therapy for NSCLC—the ALCHEMIST trials