ACS Clinical Research Program
Preventing colorectal adenomas in cancer survivors: An update on the PACES/S0820 trial(Comments Off on Preventing colorectal adenomas in cancer survivors: An update on the PACES/S0820 trial)
An update on the PACES/S0820 trial, including changes to the Data Safety Monitoring Committee to enhance study accrual, is provided.
A summary of five ACS CRP Clinical Congress 2017 sessions is provided.
The role of immunotherapy in the treatment of urologic cancers is summarized and the efficacy of novel immunotherapeutics, particularly checkpoint inhibitors, are described, which may hold promise for a wide variety of tumor types.
Gastric cancer is a significant cause of cancer morbidity and mortality in the U.S., with an estimated 26,370 new cases and 10,730 deaths in 2016.1 The incidence of gastric cancer is rising, particularly proximal tumors, and among young (< 40 years old) Caucasians, who have experienced a nearly 70 percent increase in the incidence of […]
The mission of the Dissemination and Implementation Committee—to provide surgeons with practice-changing results of the Alliance and other national clinical trial groups—is summarized.
More in this category
- Interventions to promote better conversations about initial treatment for prostate cancer
- Junior investigators: Get engaged in the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- In search of the philosopher’s stone: The ALCHEMIST study for lung cancer
- A new approach for advanced gastric cancer: Using PET scans as a biomarker of preoperative chemotherapy efficacy
- Surgery versus monitoring and endocrine therapy for low-risk DCIS: The COMET Trial
- Second edition of Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery to be published in early 2017
- Improving rectal cancer outcomes through advocacy, education, and research: The OSTRiCh Consortium and the new NAPRC
- NRG GI002: Moving the needle toward TNT in locally advanced rectal cancer
- Why is surgeon qualification important for clinical trials, and how can it be achieved?
- Two studies pave the way for preoperative therapy in pancreatic cancer patients
- Diet and lifestyle can influence prostate cancer outcomes
- Studies address metabolic image-directed oncologic therapy for gastric cancer
- How successful is NST in increasing breast-conserving surgery rates in TNBC patients?
- Dissemination and implementation: Translating cancer guidelines and clinical trial outcomes into everyday practice
- Rectal cancer resection: Laparoscopic or open—which way forward?