ACS Clinical Research Program
Second edition of Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery to be published in early 2017(Comments Off on Second edition of Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery to be published in early 2017)
The second volume of Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery, scheduled to be released in early 2017, describes operations for cancers of the esophagus, stomach, rectum, thyroid, and skin (melanoma).
Improving rectal cancer outcomes through advocacy, education, and research: The OSTRiCh Consortium and the new NAPRC
Over the last three decades, there has been a significant shift in cancer care from the generalist to the specialist setting. This shift is especially true in surgical oncology, where surgeons specializing in the care of breast cancer, esophageal cancer, and pancreatic cancer have become the norm for many facilities treating cancer patients in the […]
The approach, aims, and eligibility criteria of the NRG Oncology TNT clinical trial are summarized.
This month’s column underscores the importance of clinical trial participation, in particular surgeons who have a demonstrated capability and knowledge in conducting research-related operations.
Pancreatic cancer is the fourth-most common cause of cancer-related death in the U.S. and is predicted to soon be the third-leading cause. Surgical resection with pancreatectomy has historically been viewed as offering the only chance for cure. However, achieving negative margins at surgery can be difficult, with positive surgical margins found in as many as […]
More in this category
- Diet and lifestyle can influence prostate cancer outcomes
- Studies address metabolic image-directed oncologic therapy for gastric cancer
- How successful is NST in increasing breast-conserving surgery rates in TNBC patients?
- Dissemination and implementation: Translating cancer guidelines and clinical trial outcomes into everyday practice
- Rectal cancer resection: Laparoscopic or open—which way forward?
- Prospective comparative effectiveness trial for malignant bowel obstruction: SWOG S1316
- Response to preoperative endocrine therapy in breast cancer patients can alter surgical and chemotherapy options
- Improving resection rates in borderline resectable pancreatic cancer: Pilot study shows favorable results
- Biomarker-driven adjuvant targeted therapy for NSCLC—the ALCHEMIST trials
- PACES trial: Evaluating the effectiveness of eflornithine and sulindac in preventing colon adenomas
- Multimodality treatment considerations in esophageal and gastric cancer: Are we making progress?
- New manual for cancer surgery issued: Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery
- Limited resection as a cure for early lung cancer: Time to challenge the gold standard?
- Progress in the PROSPECT trial: Precision treatment for rectal cancer?
- Colorectal cancer metastatic to the liver: Making the unresectable resectable