ACS Clinical Research Program
In search of the philosopher’s stone: The ALCHEMIST study for lung cancer(Comments Off on In search of the philosopher’s stone: The ALCHEMIST study for lung cancer)
This month’s column provides an update on the ALCHEMIST trials for patients with operable lung cancer, including the addition of a third arm to study, which permits the inclusion of patients without ALK or EGFR mutations.
A new approach for advanced gastric cancer: Using PET scans as a biomarker of preoperative chemotherapy efficacy
This month’s column describes how new technology may improve outcomes for patients diagnosed with gastric cancer, specifically the use of PET scans as a biomarker of preoperative chemotherapy efficacy.
The COMET Trial—a prospective randomized study aimed at assessing the risks and benefits associated with active surveillance versus guideline concordant care for patients with low-risk ductal carcinoma in situ—is the focus of this month’s column.
The second volume of Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery, scheduled to be released in early 2017, describes operations for cancers of the esophagus, stomach, rectum, thyroid, and skin (melanoma).
Improving rectal cancer outcomes through advocacy, education, and research: The OSTRiCh Consortium and the new NAPRC
Over the last three decades, there has been a significant shift in cancer care from the generalist to the specialist setting. This shift is especially true in surgical oncology, where surgeons specializing in the care of breast cancer, esophageal cancer, and pancreatic cancer have become the norm for many facilities treating cancer patients in the […]
More in this category
- NRG GI002: Moving the needle toward TNT in locally advanced rectal cancer
- Why is surgeon qualification important for clinical trials, and how can it be achieved?
- Two studies pave the way for preoperative therapy in pancreatic cancer patients
- Diet and lifestyle can influence prostate cancer outcomes
- Studies address metabolic image-directed oncologic therapy for gastric cancer
- How successful is NST in increasing breast-conserving surgery rates in TNBC patients?
- Dissemination and implementation: Translating cancer guidelines and clinical trial outcomes into everyday practice
- Rectal cancer resection: Laparoscopic or open—which way forward?
- Prospective comparative effectiveness trial for malignant bowel obstruction: SWOG S1316
- Response to preoperative endocrine therapy in breast cancer patients can alter surgical and chemotherapy options
- Improving resection rates in borderline resectable pancreatic cancer: Pilot study shows favorable results
- Biomarker-driven adjuvant targeted therapy for NSCLC—the ALCHEMIST trials
- PACES trial: Evaluating the effectiveness of eflornithine and sulindac in preventing colon adenomas
- Multimodality treatment considerations in esophageal and gastric cancer: Are we making progress?
- New manual for cancer surgery issued: Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery