ACS Clinical Research Program
Surgery versus monitoring and endocrine therapy for low-risk DCIS: The COMET Trial(Comments Off on Surgery versus monitoring and endocrine therapy for low-risk DCIS: The COMET Trial)
The COMET Trial—a prospective randomized study aimed at assessing the risks and benefits associated with active surveillance versus guideline concordant care for patients with low-risk ductal carcinoma in situ—is the focus of this month’s column.
The second volume of Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery, scheduled to be released in early 2017, describes operations for cancers of the esophagus, stomach, rectum, thyroid, and skin (melanoma).
Improving rectal cancer outcomes through advocacy, education, and research: The OSTRiCh Consortium and the new NAPRC
Over the last three decades, there has been a significant shift in cancer care from the generalist to the specialist setting. This shift is especially true in surgical oncology, where surgeons specializing in the care of breast cancer, esophageal cancer, and pancreatic cancer have become the norm for many facilities treating cancer patients in the […]
The approach, aims, and eligibility criteria of the NRG Oncology TNT clinical trial are summarized.
This month’s column underscores the importance of clinical trial participation, in particular surgeons who have a demonstrated capability and knowledge in conducting research-related operations.
More in this category
- Two studies pave the way for preoperative therapy in pancreatic cancer patients
- Diet and lifestyle can influence prostate cancer outcomes
- Studies address metabolic image-directed oncologic therapy for gastric cancer
- How successful is NST in increasing breast-conserving surgery rates in TNBC patients?
- Dissemination and implementation: Translating cancer guidelines and clinical trial outcomes into everyday practice
- Rectal cancer resection: Laparoscopic or open—which way forward?
- Prospective comparative effectiveness trial for malignant bowel obstruction: SWOG S1316
- Response to preoperative endocrine therapy in breast cancer patients can alter surgical and chemotherapy options
- Improving resection rates in borderline resectable pancreatic cancer: Pilot study shows favorable results
- Biomarker-driven adjuvant targeted therapy for NSCLC—the ALCHEMIST trials
- PACES trial: Evaluating the effectiveness of eflornithine and sulindac in preventing colon adenomas
- Multimodality treatment considerations in esophageal and gastric cancer: Are we making progress?
- New manual for cancer surgery issued: Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery
- Limited resection as a cure for early lung cancer: Time to challenge the gold standard?
- Progress in the PROSPECT trial: Precision treatment for rectal cancer?