ACS Clinical Research Program
Diet and lifestyle can influence prostate cancer outcomes(Comments Off on Diet and lifestyle can influence prostate cancer outcomes)
This month’s column describes the role of diet and lifestyle on the development and outcomes of prostate cancer, and includes a brief overview of published and ongoing trials.
Research findings regarding the effect of metabolic response on gastric cancer are summarized, including the new Alliance 021302 trial.
Historically, neoadjuvant systemic therapy (NST) has been mainly used to convert breast cancer from inoperable to operable; however, today NST also is incorporated into the treatment of patients who initially present with operable disease. NST can allow some patients with stage II-III breast cancer who initially present with disease extent necessitating mastectomy to possibly undergo […]
Dissemination and implementation: Translating cancer guidelines and clinical trial outcomes into everyday practice
Dissemination strategies and implementation research programs, which examine how clinical trials data may be incorporated into clinical use, are the focus of this month’s column.
The primary outcome of the Z6051 rectal cancer trial is outlined in this month’s column as are new surgical trial concepts that resulted from this study.
More in this category
- Prospective comparative effectiveness trial for malignant bowel obstruction: SWOG S1316
- Response to preoperative endocrine therapy in breast cancer patients can alter surgical and chemotherapy options
- Improving resection rates in borderline resectable pancreatic cancer: Pilot study shows favorable results
- Biomarker-driven adjuvant targeted therapy for NSCLC—the ALCHEMIST trials
- PACES trial: Evaluating the effectiveness of eflornithine and sulindac in preventing colon adenomas
- Multimodality treatment considerations in esophageal and gastric cancer: Are we making progress?
- New manual for cancer surgery issued: Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery
- Limited resection as a cure for early lung cancer: Time to challenge the gold standard?
- Progress in the PROSPECT trial: Precision treatment for rectal cancer?
- Colorectal cancer metastatic to the liver: Making the unresectable resectable
- QOL concerns in surgical patients: Assessment and intervention
- Treating metastatic prostate cancer now and in the future
- NCDB and ACS-CRP: Working together to develop risk-stratified strategies for surveillance
- SLN surgery for clinically node-positive breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant therapy
- Neoadjuvant cancer therapy: Benefitting patients and improving cancer care