ACS Clinical Research Program
Present and future cancer staging with the eighth edition of the AJCC Cancer Staging Manual(Comments Off on Present and future cancer staging with the eighth edition of the AJCC Cancer Staging Manual)
Updates to the AJCC Cancer Staging Manual, including revisions to breast cancer staging content, are provided as is information on the manual’s second printing, including clarification of histologic codes.
Induction chemotherapy and minimally invasive transanal surgery to increase organ preservation in rectal cancer
The objectives of the NEO Trial (CCTG CO28) are described, specifically the feasibility and safety of induction chemotherapy and minimally invasive transanal surgery to allow sphincter preservation.
An update on the PACES/S0820 trial, including changes to the Data Safety Monitoring Committee to enhance study accrual, is provided.
A summary of five ACS CRP Clinical Congress 2017 sessions is provided.
The role of immunotherapy in the treatment of urologic cancers is summarized and the efficacy of novel immunotherapeutics, particularly checkpoint inhibitors, are described, which may hold promise for a wide variety of tumor types.
More in this category
- Gastrectomy for cancer: What are the benefits of a minimally invasive approach?
- ACS CRP Dissemination and Implementation Committee issues call for participants in pilot project
- Interventions to promote better conversations about initial treatment for prostate cancer
- Junior investigators: Get engaged in the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- In search of the philosopher’s stone: The ALCHEMIST study for lung cancer
- A new approach for advanced gastric cancer: Using PET scans as a biomarker of preoperative chemotherapy efficacy
- Surgery versus monitoring and endocrine therapy for low-risk DCIS: The COMET Trial
- Second edition of Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery to be published in early 2017
- Improving rectal cancer outcomes through advocacy, education, and research: The OSTRiCh Consortium and the new NAPRC
- NRG GI002: Moving the needle toward TNT in locally advanced rectal cancer
- Why is surgeon qualification important for clinical trials, and how can it be achieved?
- Two studies pave the way for preoperative therapy in pancreatic cancer patients
- Diet and lifestyle can influence prostate cancer outcomes
- Studies address metabolic image-directed oncologic therapy for gastric cancer
- How successful is NST in increasing breast-conserving surgery rates in TNBC patients?