A look at The Joint Commission
Joint Commission now offering Comprehensive Cardiac Center Certification(Comments Off on Joint Commission now offering Comprehensive Cardiac Center Certification)
The scope-of-care requirements for the Comprehensive Cardiac Center Certification program, which helps facilities offer a complete range of high-quality services for cardiac patients, is the focus of this month’s column.
An overview of The Joint Commission’s Annual Report 2016 is provided, including a summary of chart-abstracted measures covered in the report.
Preventative actions to mitigate the effects of cognitive bias, which can be attributed to diagnostic errors in health care, are summarized in this month’s column.
Najmedin Meshkati, PhD, a professor of civil/environmental engineering, industrial and systems engineering, and international relations, was the recipient of the Ernest Amory Codman Award this year.
This month’s column underscores the challenges related to bullying and workplace violence and its effect on patient care.
More in this category
- Henry Ford Health System opens up about pilot testing Oro 2.0
- New Patient Blood Management Certification aimed at eliminating unnecessary transfusions
- Joint Commission executive vice-president addresses pain management standard concerns
- Support surgical time outs on National Time Out Day— and all year long
- Total hip and total knee replacement certification focuses on continuum of care
- Hand hygiene TST helps hospitals reduce HAI rates
- Improvements continue in surgical care accountability measures
- Credentialing and privileging: Five tips for ASCs
- Antibiotic resistance causing issues for surgical patients
- The high reliability journey: A look in the mirror with Oro 2.0
- RPI can be used to improve surgical care
- High reliability science and surgery: The Joint Commission’s Robust Process Improvement methodology
- Safety culture is a great fit for the OR
- Addressing surgeon fatigue and sleep deprivation
- TST: The right operation, on the right patient, in the right location