A look at The Joint Commission
New resources for surgeons to obtain true informed consent(Comments Off on New resources for surgeons to obtain true informed consent)
New informed consent resources developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and The Joint Commission are summarized.
The Joint Commission discourages secure texting of patient care orders for several reasons, including the increased burden of entering the information manually into the electronic health record.
The scope-of-care requirements for the Comprehensive Cardiac Center Certification program, which helps facilities offer a complete range of high-quality services for cardiac patients, is the focus of this month’s column.
An overview of The Joint Commission’s Annual Report 2016 is provided, including a summary of chart-abstracted measures covered in the report.
Preventative actions to mitigate the effects of cognitive bias, which can be attributed to diagnostic errors in health care, are summarized in this month’s column.
More in this category
- Ernest Amory Codman Award honoree furthers quality improvement mission
- Workplace bullying is a real problem in health care
- Henry Ford Health System opens up about pilot testing Oro 2.0
- New Patient Blood Management Certification aimed at eliminating unnecessary transfusions
- Joint Commission executive vice-president addresses pain management standard concerns
- Support surgical time outs on National Time Out Day— and all year long
- Total hip and total knee replacement certification focuses on continuum of care
- Hand hygiene TST helps hospitals reduce HAI rates
- Improvements continue in surgical care accountability measures
- Credentialing and privileging: Five tips for ASCs
- Antibiotic resistance causing issues for surgical patients
- The high reliability journey: A look in the mirror with Oro 2.0
- RPI can be used to improve surgical care
- High reliability science and surgery: The Joint Commission’s Robust Process Improvement methodology
- Safety culture is a great fit for the OR