Looking forward – June 2016(Comments Off on Looking forward – June 2016)
Dr. Hoyt’s column summarizes the ACS’ recent efforts to clarify the organization’s position on concurrent and overlapping operations.
This column discusses common problems with the transition to ICD-10 codes and solutions for correcting these issues.
Two ACS resources are highlighted in this month’s column—JACS and the ACS NSQIP Surgical Risk Calculator.
Suggestions for effectively using time outs are summarized in this month’s column.
This month’s column examines the occurrence of dog bites to the upper extremity in the NTDB research dataset for 2014.
More in this category
- Looking forward – May 2016
- Medicaid program expansion
- Coding and reimbursement for colonoscopy
- Surgical skills competitions at ACS chapter meetings can increase resident engagement
- Yeu-Tsu Margaret Lee, MD, FACS: A life of service
- Studies address metabolic image-directed oncologic therapy for gastric cancer
- Total hip and total knee replacement certification focuses on continuum of care
- Cold-blooded killer
- Looking forward – April 2016
- Skills course helps rural surgeons stay current
- How successful is NST in increasing breast-conserving surgery rates in TNBC patients?
- Insure your family’s future with life and disability insurance
- Hand hygiene TST helps hospitals reduce HAI rates
- Look up and die
- Looking forward – March 2016