Dedicated pre- and postoperative unit leads to fasttrack pathway for noncomplicated pediatric appendicitis
The results of implementing an enhanced recovery protocol for noncomplicated pediatric appendicitis at Levine Children’s Hospital, Charlotte, NC, are summarized.
Atezolizumab in the adjuvant treatment of stage III colon cancer: Can PD-L1 inhibition improve survival?
The study design for the ATOMIC trial (Alliance A021502), a randomized phase III study examining atezolizumab treatment of stage III colon cancer, is described.
Marking the 100th anniversary of Plastic Surgery: Its Principles and Practice, this month’s column looks at the development of this textbook as it relates to the evolution of the subspecialty of plastic surgery.
A look at The Joint Commission: Sentinel Event Alert focuses on developing a reporting culture by learning from close calls
This month’s column examines the development of a culture of safety specifically through the analysis of reporting close calls in patient care.
More in this category
- NTDB data points: Traumatic injuries below the belt
- Looking forward – February 2019
- Thyroid cancer mortality in an aging population
- Cytoreduction with or without HIPEC: Where do we go from here?
- Study on value of accreditation falls flat on methodology, patient focus
- Letters to the Editor
- Looking forward – January 2019
- ERABS leads to reduced opioid use among bariatric surgery patients
- What medical students need to know about training for a career in rural surgery
- Robotic surgery for hepatic neoplasms: Where does it fit in the minimally invasive surgery landscape?
- J.M.T. Finney, MD, FACS, and AEF Base Hospital No. 18 in WWI
- Joint Commission case example addresses wrong site surgery
- Looking forward – December 2018
- Medicare participation and enrollment
- Reap the benefits of attending a 2019 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop