Looking forward – May 2016(Comments Off on Looking forward – May 2016)
Collaborative quality improvement program, as exemplified by the Institute for Healthcare Policy & Innovation, the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Collaborative Quality Initiatives program, and the Michigan Value Collaborative are the focus of Dr. Hoyt’s column this month.
This column describes changes occurring in the Medicaid program that have the greatest impact on practicing surgeons and addresses the program expansion as it relates to coverage rates in the states.
Coding and reimbursement issues for colonoscopy procedures are the focus of this month’s column.
This month’s column describes surgical skills competitions and their role in increasing resident involvement at the Massachusetts Chapter of the ACS annual meeting.
The philanthropic and leadership contributions of Yeu-Tsu Margaret Lee, MD, FACS, are the focus of this month’s column.
More in this category
- Studies address metabolic image-directed oncologic therapy for gastric cancer
- Total hip and total knee replacement certification focuses on continuum of care
- Cold-blooded killer
- Looking forward – April 2016
- Skills course helps rural surgeons stay current
- How successful is NST in increasing breast-conserving surgery rates in TNBC patients?
- Insure your family’s future with life and disability insurance
- Hand hygiene TST helps hospitals reduce HAI rates
- Look up and die
- Looking forward – March 2016
- The Physician Compare website
- CMS eases restrictions imposed under the Two-Midnight Rule
- Dr. and Mrs. LaSalle D. Leffall, Jr.: Paying it forward
- Improvements continue in surgical care accountability measures
- Keep an eye out