This column describes the implementation of Enhanced Recovery After Bariatric Surgery strategies at a community hospital and the reduction of opioid requirements after surgery.
The ACS Advisory Council for Rural Surgery’s efforts to stimulate enhanced interest in rural surgery among medical students are summarized.
Robotic surgery for hepatic neoplasms: Where does it fit in the minimally invasive surgery landscape?
This month’s column identifies prospective clinical trials aimed at clarifying the role of laparoscopic and robotic surgery for hepatic neoplasms.
Dr. Finney’s leadership as Director of Base Hospital No. 18 during World War I is the focus of this month’s column.
More in this category
- Joint Commission case example addresses wrong site surgery
- 2017 research dataset released
- Looking forward – December 2018
- Medicare participation and enrollment
- Reap the benefits of attending a 2019 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- Surveillance testing for colorectal cancer: New evidence supports a change in guidelines
- Collaboration to improve quality of total hip and total knee replacement programs
- Penile injuries: Rare but potentially hazardous
- Looking forward – November 2018
- UC Davis implements a clinical practice guideline for postoperative management of pediatric appendicitis
- Critical access hospitals continue to provide vital services to rural patients
- The U.S. medical response to gas warfare in World War I
- Examining rapid response system treatments in the elderly patient population
- Fixing the cage: Rib fixation of flail chest
- Looking forward – October 2018