Looking forward – July 2015(Comments Off)
Being a Woman Surgeon, a new book featuring the personal experiences of women surgeons of all ages, specialties, and backgrounds is highlighted in this month’s column
The purpose and methodology of Quality and Resource Use Reports are explained in this month’s column.
This column outlines the rationale for starting the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences Rural Surgery Support Program, explains how it works, and describes the initial effects of the initiative.
This column addresses the efficacy of combining existing approaches with active therapeutic combinations to treat cancers of the stomach and esophagus.
This month’s column provides an update of The Targeted Solutions Tool for Safe Surgery.
More in this category
- All smoke, no fire
- Letters to the Editor
- Looking forward – June 2015
- The transition to ICD-10 before October 1 compliance deadline
- Big data and GME: Expanding the scope of patient safety and QI training
- New manual for cancer surgery issued: Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery
- The Surgeon Specific Registry and the ACS Member Profile enhance your practice
- A new direction for “A look at The Joint Commission”
- Hit the road, jacked—road rash injuries
- Looking forward – May 2015
- One surgeon’s principles
- Limited resection as a cure for early lung cancer: Time to challenge the gold standard?
- Monitoring OR fires to improve patient safety
- What’s cookin’? Who’s lookin’?
- Looking forward – April 2015