Looking Forward – March 2015(Comments Off)
The revitalized ACS Operation Giving Back program, under the direction of new Medical Director Girma Tefera, MD, FACS, is the focus of Dr. Hoyt’s column this month.
The origins of the ACS seal and motto are the subject of this month’s column.
Steps for developing an effective and safe medication management system at ambulatory surgery centers are summarized in this month’s article.
This month’s column looks at how provisions in the Affordable Care Act are affecting access to care for Americans as a whole and considers the potential effects on trauma care specifically.
The strategic partnership between the ACS and U.S. Department of Defense Military Health System, which aims to improve educational and research capabilities for both parties, is summarized in this month’s column.
More in this category
- The benefits of attending a 2015 ACS Surgical Coding Workshop
- ACS develops ICD-9 to ICD-10 crosswalk to assist in billing
- Hospitals continue to improve on surgical care accountability measures
- 2014 Pediatric Report: How severe is it?
- Letters to the Editor
- Looking Forward – January 2015
- Guam surgeons face unique challenges
- Surgeons should play leading role in Safety Leadership Rounds
- Annual Report 2014: How severe is it?
- Looking Forward – December 2014
- Updated compendium offers strategies to prevent health care-associated infections
- Go before you go: Bladder injuries
- Looking Forward – November 2014
- The FY 2015 Inpatient Prospective Payment System final rule
- Colorectal cancer metastatic to the liver: Making the unresectable resectable