The restrictions regarding physicians’ ability to seek reimbursement for cost-sharing amounts from Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) enrollees are summarized as are practices to ensure compliance with QMB billing rules.
An update on correct coding for breast procedures, including case examples, is provided.
Researchers at Duke University Hospital, Durham, NC, conducted a quality improvement project to identify opportunities to reduce clostridium difficile infection.
The benefits of a trainee-focused financial literacy program targeted at the general surgery resident are described.
More in this category
- The evolving clinical management of sentinel node-positive melanoma: The impact of MSLT-II on clinical practice
- The College, surgeons, and the Great War
- Joint Commission changes how it assesses safety culture
- Breaking the cage: Rib fractures
- Looking forward – August 2018
- Test your CPT coding knowledge for blunt trauma
- M&M conferences provide forum for discussion of ethical issues
- Liquid biopsies in cancer clinical trials
- Up in arms: Upper extremity compartment syndrome
- Your ACS benefits: Women in Surgery Committee: Advancing opportunities for women surgeons
- Looking forward – July 2018
- Geriatric assessment and frailty in older cancer patients
- Endometrial cancer: An increasingly common gynecologic malignancy
- The rescue of Miss Inez Stone
- Joint Commission issues alert on violence prevention in the health care workplace