Looking forward – October 2015(Comments Off)
The College works with trusted collaborators and provides members with the “intellectual property” needed to meet the challenges of modern-day practice.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) includes a provision for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to create the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP). This program would establish a payment structure for accountable care organizations (ACOs), which would be responsible for the quality, cost, and overall care of Medicare beneficiaries. CMS issued a final […]
J. David Richardson, MD, FACS, who will be installed as the President of the ACS at the 2015 Clinical Congress, discusses the College’s efforts to improve access to care in rural communities.
Improving resection rates in borderline resectable pancreatic cancer: Pilot study shows favorable results
The clinical importance of the Alliance A021101 cooperative group study as well as the design of the trial itself are the focus of this month’s column.
This month’s column summarizes ACS scholarships and fellowships, as well as the MyCME program.
More in this category
- High reliability science and surgery: The Joint Commission’s Robust Process Improvement methodology
- Looking forward – September 2015
- Biomarker-driven adjuvant targeted therapy for NSCLC—the ALCHEMIST trials
- Safety culture is a great fit for the OR
- Looking forward – August 2015
- The importance of detailed documentation in ICD-10
- Resources for optimal patient care: EBDS and patient education programs
- PACES trial: Evaluating the effectiveness of eflornithine and sulindac in preventing colon adenomas
- Addressing surgeon fatigue and sleep deprivation
- A hot mess: Clothing-related burn injuries
- Looking forward – July 2015
- Quality and Resource Use Reports
- The North Dakota Rural Surgery Support Program: Providing surgical services to communities in need