From the Archives
The College standardizes surgical dressings(Comments Off)
The history of the standardization of surgical dressings in 1930 and its ongoing effects are summarized in this month’s column.
The ACS Archives house four record books detailing the gynecologic practice of Franklin H. Martin, MD, FACS.
This month’s column provides a brief history of the “efficiency movement” and describes the establishment of the College’s Hospital Standardization Program.
The history of a treasured ACS artifact—ancient Irish elk antlers symbolizing international unity and professional admiration—is summarized in this month’s column.
The extraordinary contributions of Franklin H. Martin, MD, FACS, and his wife, Isabelle, to the ACS are the focus of this month’s column.
More in this category
- Franklin H. Martin, MD, FACS: Gynecologic surgeon
- ACS returns books to the Illinois College Medical Library: A look at their history
- Dr. LaMar McGinnis proposes forming club dedicated to surgical history
- Archives page on ACS website now offers descriptions of Dr. Martin’s collected papers
- Learn about ACS history through the papers of Eleanor K. Grimm
- Do you recognize the people in this photo from the 1959 Clinical Congress?
- College’s historical collection of rare books achieves new visibility
- In memoriam: Marion Rapp
- Fellows in Archives photo identified