The American College of Surgeons (ACS) is seeking six Fellows to fill vacancies on the Commission on Cancer (CoC). The initial term of appointment is three years with eligibility for re-election to a second term. Members may hold office or serve as Vice-Chair of a committee or subcommittee during their second term. New members will be recommended by the Nominating Committee, selected in October by the Executive Committee, and then brought before the full CoC membership for approval at the CoC’s Annual Meeting. The ACS Board of Regents will confirm the final list of new members, and the CoC will announce the new members in late October.
Surgeons who meet the following criteria and are interested in becoming a member of the CoC should contact email@example.com to receive an application and for more information. The completed application, curriculum vitae, and any letters of recommendation must be received at the same address no later than Saturday, August 15.
CoC member criteria include:
- May not be a former CoC member who represented the ACS
- Full ACS Fellowship status
- Staff appointment at a CoC-accredited cancer program and a participant in cancer program activities
- Service as an effective State Chair or Cancer Liaison Physician
- Knowledge of the CoC’s goals and initiatives
- Representation of a surgical specialty, geographic area, or diverse group not currently represented on the CoC
- Interest in contributing to and enhancing CoC programs and committee work
- Ability to serve on at least one CoC committee
- Attendance and participation in at least two in-person meetings annually
- Attendance and participation in committee conference calls