The 2015 Nominating Committee of the Board of Governors (NCBG) will select nominees for pending vacancies on the Board of Regents that will be filled at the 2015 Clinical Congress. The NCBG uses the following guidelines when reviewing the names of candidates for nomination to the Board of Regents:
- Nominees must be loyal members of the College who have demonstrated outstanding integrity and medical statesmanship, along with an unquestioned devotion to the highest principles of surgical practice.
- Nominees must have demonstrated leadership qualities that might be reflected by service and active participation on ACS committees or in other components of the College.
- The NCBG recognizes the importance of Board of Regent members representing all health care professionals who practice surgery.
- The NCBG also considers geography, surgical specialty balance, and academic or community practice.
- The College encourages consideration of women and other underrepresented minorities. Individuals who are no longer in active surgical practice should not be nominated for election or reelection to the Board of Regents.
- All surgical specialties will be considered.
All nominations must include a letter of recommendation, a personal statement from the candidates detailing their ACS service, and the name of one reference. In addition, entities such as surgical specialty societies, ACS advisory councils, and ACS chapters that are submitting nominations must provide a description of their selection process and the total list of applicants reviewed. Any attempt to contact members of the NCBG by a candidate or on behalf of a candidate will be viewed in a negative manner and may result in disqualification of the candidate. Applications submitted without the requested information will not be considered.
The deadline for submitting nominations is February 27. Submit nominations to email@example.com.
For more information, contact Betty Sanders, Staff Liaison for the NCBG, at 312-202-5360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information only, the current members of the Board of Regents who will be considered for re-election (all MD, FACS) are John L.D. Atkinson; Henri R. Ford; Enrique Hernandez; L. Scott Levin; Leigh A. Neumayer; Marshall Z. Schwartz; Beth H. Sutton; and Steven D. Wexner.