The Board of Governors of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) has reelected six members of the Board of Regents to additional three-year terms. The reelected Regents are as follows:
- James K. Elsey, MD, FACS, a general and vascular surgeon and visiting professor of surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Gerald M. Fried, MD, FACS, FRCSC, FCAHS, Edward W. Archibald Professor and chairman, department of surgery, McGill University, and surgeon-in-chief, McGill University Health Centre Hospitals, Montreal, QC
- B.J. Hancock, MD, FACS, FRCSC, associate professor, departments of surgery and pediatrics and child health, University of Manitoba, and pediatric surgeon and pediatric intensivist, Children’s Hospital of Winnipeg, MB
- Lenworth M. Jacobs, Jr., MD, MPH, FACS, professor of surgery and chairman, department of traumatology and emergency medicine, University of Connecticut, and director, trauma institute, Hartford Hospital, CT
- Mark A. Malangoni, MD, FACS, associate executive director, American Board of Surgery, and adjunct professor of surgery, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia
- Valerie W. Rusch, MD, FACS, vice-chair for clinical research, department of surgery, and Miner Family Chair in Intrathoracic Cancers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and professor of surgery, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY
In addition, the Board of Governors elected Fabrizio Michelassi, MD, FACS, the Lewis Atterbury Stimson Professor of Surgery and chairman of surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, and surgeon-in-chief, New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, to serve as Chair of its Executive Committee; Karen J. Brasel, MD, FACS, professor of surgery and general surgery progam director, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, to serve as Vice-Chair; and James C. Denneny III, MD, FACS, executive vice-president and chief executive officer, American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS), and AAO-HNS Foundation, Alexandria, VA, to serve as Secretary.
Newly elected to the Executive Committee of the Board of Governors are Kevin Behrns, MD, FACS, the Edward R. Woodward Professor and chair, department of surgery, University of Florida, Gainesville; Diana Farmer, MD, FACS, chair and Pearl Stamps Stewart Professor, department of surgery, and surgeon-in-chief, University of California, Davis, Children’s Hospital; and Steven C. Stain, MD, FACS, the Henry and Sally Schaffer Chair and professor, department of surgery, Albany Medical Center, NY.